Solved! -URGENT- Taskeng.exe window keeps popping up after virus clean

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2018
I did a virus cleansing with hitman pro after a number of failed attempts with Malwarebytes,Avast, Adwcleaner (all of them appeared to be blocked by the admin -im the admin and i didint do anything of this sort- )

after what appeared to be a successful cleaning, the pop up ads stopped occuring. Also did a disk clean up
HOWEVER
A cmd window labelled ' taskeng.exe' keeps giving this error:
'Windows cannot find
C/users/(my user name)/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Windows/gediscag/eiscdhrb.exe. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again'

this occurs periodically about every 5-6mins

could it be that;
Its another virus or virus giving a periodic command to execute something that has been cleaned??
OR
Is it a natural system error??
OR
Is it that something is still active after the cleaning??

Solution
Do you have like C: D: E: drives (Called patrition) with data? if C is infected , rest are more likley clean.
Because most times viruses infect "windows" part.
You can reinstall windows if its on C: anytime and still have data. Just make sure that you transfer it from Documents, Videos and etc, what is on C:
Unless you're using one patrition.
Well, i've done this multiple times, i transfered data to my for example D and Windows was on C, soo when installing windows, you can completley format the windows patrition without influencing the other data (thats how i kept my Games, movies, Music and documents like pictures), i never failed to reinstall windows from usb unless you're acidentally deleting patrition with data.

Im on windows 7 currently, as i've reinstalled windows 10 once or twice as far as i see i didnt lose any data, except being morron and didnt transfered Documents and lost game saves... AAAAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.