US Airways Passenger's Xbox 360 Gets Gutted

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerapio

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2002
I flew with US Airways this past Tuesday and TSA felt the need to search my ski bag. Maybe they thought it could be missiles...

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Seeing an Xbox is unusual. It had to be checked for explosives. Or the drug enforcement dog chewed it all up. Similiar happened to my brothers usps mail that had christmas candy. He got it back undeliverable, mangled. Definitely looked like a dog chewed it up.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Wow. They using monkeys these days?? Xbox 360 really isn't THAT hard to take apart. They should at least have ressumed responsibility and offered a gift card or something for destroying your property. Ooh god I would have been pissed.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
i wonder if out of all the laptops, game consoles, and other electronics they confiscate or destroy, how many actual bombs or terrorist weapons do they find??

Couldn't they just have tested the Xbox if it worked? if there was concern for a bomb threat indeed, wouldn't a bomb squad personnel had to do the dismantling instead of some regular dude behind doors.

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
I don't know why they had to break his 360....usually you just give it time and they break theirselves :)

And before the PS3 fanboy flames come, i own a 360 and love it... just had to say it though :)

akhodjaev

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
Nothing against X-box here... the trick here is his last name... may be it is updated OBAMA's list... So if it is in there. so i would ship it thru fedex next time to dastination.
Sorry for your loss...

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]i wonder if out of all the laptops, game consoles, and other electronics they confiscate or destroy, how many actual bombs or terrorist weapons do they find??Couldn't they just have tested the Xbox if it worked? if there was concern for a bomb threat indeed, wouldn't a bomb squad personnel had to do the dismantling instead of some regular dude behind doors.[/citation]

From what I have seen the bomb squad just uses a robot to look at it, no dismantle, and if they still think it is a danger they just blow the thing up anyway. So either way the "Dam Dirty Apes" aka authorities still seem to just end up destroying it anyway.

thepetey

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
[citation][nom]gayan[/nom]what next, maybe next time they will dismantle our phones and make us fly naked ...[/citation]

That's not that bad of a deal.. as long as you get a lucky seat next to the cute babe?

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]i wonder if out of all the laptops, game consoles, and other electronics they confiscate or destroy, how many actual bombs or terrorist weapons do they find??Couldn't they just have tested the Xbox if it worked? if there was concern for a bomb threat indeed, wouldn't a bomb squad personnel had to do the dismantling instead of some regular dude behind doors.[/citation]

I flew recently and they very very rarely even touch your laptop/electronic... I mean you could always hide stuff in your laptop, like at the battery spot...

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
[citation][nom]gayan[/nom]what next, maybe next time they will dismantle our phones and make us fly naked ...[/citation]

Then I'd have to pay for a second seat /nudge nudge wink wink grin grin...

Man, I'd have went bat$h1T crazy on them if they destroyed my HD Cam, Xbox, anything! Thankfully, I always carryt hem on.

olafmetal

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
They did this to a cordless drill I had in my checked bags. I didn't realize it until I went to use the drill a month later and I noticed the reverse switch was broken and it had a little tsa sticker on it :(

nukem950

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Behind the scenes at the airport

Jim: I am telling ya, the xbox360 ain't that hard to mod. You just take out some screws and then pry in a couple of places and then you can do whatever you want.

John: I don't know. You could end up just destroying your xbox...

Jim: hey look here, someone has an xbox, let me show you just how easy it is...

-30 min later-

Jim: ok, so its not as easy as it looks. Oh well, at least we didn't find anything illegal in it hehehe...

Status
Not open for further replies.