US Lemon Law?

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010
Hey guys,

December last year I bought an Asus tablet online from BHPhotoVideo.com in the US (I'm from New Zealand). Since then it has been repaired 3 times for the same problem (it would stop booting), and now the problem has happened again for a 4th time...
I'm getting sick of having to send it back for repair when the repair is obviously not solving the issue so I'm wondering if the US has any sort of Lemon Law for computers where after so many repairs, they are required to either provide a complete replacement or otherwise a refund like we have here in New Zealand?

Cheers

Solution

Yes, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act applies to all consumer products sold in the US. It's a federal lawn that requires a replacement or refund plus...

Pinhedd

Distinguished
Who did you have perform the repair? If it was just a corner shop then they most likely just performed superficial maintenance rather than addressing the cause of the failures. If it was shipped to Asus for repair/refurbishment then you should probably contact them.

As for answering your question, no there is no such law.

RealityClash

Distinguished
May 1, 2010

It was repaired through Asus's authorised retailer in NZ. I've contacted Asus but so far they have refused to do anything other than keep repairing the device :/

Lalemonlaw

Honorable
Oct 18, 2013

Yes, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act applies to all consumer products sold in the US. It's a federal lawn that requires a replacement or refund plus attorneys fees. Contact a New York lawyer who concentrates in that area for the full scoop.

Solution