Solved! USB 3.0 port not detected as 3.0 in Oculus Compatibility Check, How can i fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2019
When i run the Oculus Rift S compatibility check it says i don't have an USB 3.0 port.
It isn't detecting my 2 USB 3.0 ports from my PC case (sharkoon t3-w)
Is there a fix for this problem or should i buy an USB pci card

(My motherboard has no usb3.0 ports only 2.0)

Solution
Which motherboard do you use?

Most likely the USB 3.0 ports on your case aren´t connected to USB 3.0 but with USB 2.0 of your motherboard internally.

You will have to get a real USB 3.0 controller card or a different motherboard with USB 3.0 onboard.
Which motherboard do you use?

Most likely the USB 3.0 ports on your case aren´t connected to USB 3.0 but with USB 2.0 of your motherboard internally.

You will have to get a real USB 3.0 controller card or a different motherboard with USB 3.0 onboard.

Solution

John Rand

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
When i run the Oculus Rift S compatibility check it says i don't have an USB 3.0 port.
It isn't detecting my 2 USB 3.0 ports from my PC case (sharkoon t3-w)
Is there a fix for this problem or should i buy an USB pci card

(My motherboard has no usb3.0 ports only 2.0)

Have Rift number one. .It never worked with my USB 3.0s. The sensors went dow 2X. Just bought Rift S. Says my USB 3.0 ports are incompatible. Asus Crosshair V ROG (2012). Appears to be common problem with AsMedia USB 3.0 ports. One video had add on USB 3.0 ports to mother board from Insignia. Seemed to work for him. Gonna just return the Rift S, and look for refurbished sensors for Rift. hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS