USB 3.0 port not working on Dell Latitude E6440

wolffox

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
I recently acquired this laptop, and it has 2 USB 2.0 ports, 1 USB 3.0 port. Both USB 2.0 ports have been working just fine, but the USB 3.0 port seems to not work at all... I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers plenty of times, but no avail. When I plug in a mouse into the 3.0 port the mouse lights up, but it doesn't work. I've been installing other drivers onto this laptop as well (when I got the laptop it was a fresh install without any drivers), and after one restart the USB 3.0 port seemed to work. But not it isn't working again. Any suggestions?

Solution
Does the Device Manager show any problems with the USB3.0 driver?

Delete the USB3.0 from the list of USB devices in the Device Manager and reboot your system. See if Windows find the right driver.

Also try to update the driver via Windows through the Device Manager.

Emerald

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2005
Does the Device Manager show any problems with the USB3.0 driver?

Delete the USB3.0 from the list of USB devices in the Device Manager and reboot your system. See if Windows find the right driver.

Also try to update the driver via Windows through the Device Manager.

Solution

wolffox

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
Nope, it doesn't show any problems.

r8JssL0.png

I have tried deleting USB 3.0 and rebooting. Just tried again. It finds the drivers, installs them, but when I plug in a USB into the 3.0 port nothing shows up on my laptop.

When I try updating the driver through Device Manager, it says that the driver is already up to date.