USB connection turns on and drops off immediately.

NoradZor

Estimable
Mar 12, 2015
Long story short.
>Come back to my laptop after sleeping. The keyboard and mouse are turned off.
>Try everything, nothing works.
>Reboot,restore, nothing.
Problem:
When I plug in any usb in the port(mouse, harddisk, pendrive,anything...) it lights up(the usb) for about half a second and then turns off. Never detects it, nothing.
Here's the weird thing, some mouses when plugged in, are lit on and blink but never detect nor work
I'm guessing something short circuited or something? I even ordered a USB port replacement, didn't work still. The audio sockets connected to the port work, so I have no idea whats wrong.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 8
E Laptop Tech Support 1
B Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
U Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 4
F Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 5
J Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 4
Similar threads
Question 2019 Spectre x360 13 convertible suddenly not turn on - no lights for power connected to it.
Solved! When I turn on I have a black screen then it reads check cable connection, then under that it's got PXE-MOF:Exiting Intel PXE
I can't turn on my hotspot in PC when I'm connected with lan
Laptop wont turn on if its not connected to AC (Battery works fine)
Asus Laptop won't turn on if connected to monitor
I can't connect to wifi. Wifi is turned on and my router is working as other devices are connected
WiFi disconnects when connection isn't being made and all WiFi connections no longer show up until WiFi is turned on and off
after boot up i see a bios logo and then windows booting image. after that screen turns off. connecting external screen i assu
i have another problm..when i try to connect the usb in thd speaker it turn..usb to sd and there is no sound
TOPQSC Cooling Fan isn't turning. It's connected to the laptop via the USB ports. Should the fans be turning or are they
My acer switch 10 screen keeps turning off. .it stays on if i leave screen connected to keyboard base but switches off when i
Asus X551 - I took it apart to clean the fan and check power connections and now it won't turn on
My laptop doesnt turn on without connecting to charger. But when it is turned on with charger connected and then charger remov
asus laptop won't turn ON without an ac connected on it
My charger blinks when it is connected to laptop but nothing on the laptop turns on. Charger does not blink when not connected
how can i turn on my wireless failed to connect even when I switch on the swich failes to show light on my HP compaq6910p
How do I turn on internet connectivity on my laptop Inspiron 3521?
Using Only External Display, Turning Off 8 Beeps Issue/Warning without connecting Internal Monitor??
I have a machines E627 laptop, and it won't turn on unless the charger is connected. I can't find the charger so what do I do?
Plz Help!!! Acer aspire e5 wont turn on and battery and cord are connected

ASK THE COMMUNITY