Question USB devices will not wake up Gigabyte P34 when sleeping

Apr 4, 2020
Hi,

I have a gigabyte P34 laptop hooked up to a Wavlink docking station where I have all my USBs hooked up. Everything has been working smoothly since I got the docking station except one thing. When the computer goes into S2 or S3 sleep, I cannot turn on the computer with the mouse or keyboard. (One of the reasons that I got the docking station was because I got this computer close to 2014 and the wear and tear of opening and closing the computer has taken it's toll, so I want to be able to turn on the computer wihtout opening the lid.)

Here's a list of things I've troubleshooted already:

BIOS -- there is not a "power management" section in the BIOS of the computer that I could find. There was a USB management section, but I was not able to disable or enable anything in this section

Device manager -- When I go into the keyboard and mouse section there is not a power management section for me to enable wake up on USB. I checked the driver information for all the current devices and everything said it was up to date with the most current driver.

Advanced Power options -- I was able to disable the USB selective suspend setting, but that didn't seem to do anything.

CMD -- I went through and found all the devices that would wake up the computer in S1 sleep and it only listed my mouse and keyboard through the docking station, when I checked S2 it says none, and when I checked S3 it listed the power button (among others but I couldn't make anything of what the other options were but it did NOT have the mouse and keyboard listing from S1). As a last ditch effort, I went into the cmd and reset all default settings, and went back in to make sure that the ones I listed above were the only ones that were changed (meaning a previous settting was not interfering) and I still have this issue. I also set the parameter for suspend USB settings from 1 to 0.

CMD -- Tried to enable USB from the cmd prompt and it said I did not have permission to do this, so I restarted and ran as admin and got the same issue.

I have gone through so many forums, I can't keep track. Is this a problem that anyone else has had? I can't find anything about the P34 having this issue. I also don't know if it has something to do with the keyboard and mouse that I currently have even though, I was able to wake up my desktop before with the current mouse and keyboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
zeezeear Laptop General Discussion 5
B Laptop General Discussion 1
H Laptop General Discussion 0
gorgievskiff Laptop General Discussion 0
I Laptop General Discussion 1
PhTech Laptop General Discussion 1
Superlumer 88 Laptop General Discussion 1
FranticApples Laptop General Discussion 1
saroj vs magnito Laptop General Discussion 1
joetuffnell Laptop General Discussion 1