Usb - HDMI Adapter Question

Tyler_CompC

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

But is it possible to correct the issue? the display driver the laptop uses is generic and will not allow multiple screens.

Tyler_CompC

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

However capable it is. it has hdmi but will only work if the computer s loaded with windows vista 32 bit. That why im asking about this as this is for a customer and I myself have never messed with these and am unsure if they rely on internal graphics.

Tyler_CompC

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

windows 10 the graphics on the device is listed as an nvidia 8400gt but nvidia drivers won't load because they don't have sony's microcode , and i don't feel safe editing a driver to work around this issue as people have.

ffg7

Splendid
Can I install Windows 10 on this model?
Sony does not support Windows 10 for your model, however, if your computer meets the system requirements to run the Windows 10 operating system, you should be able to install Windows 10 on it. Please refer to the Microsoft Windows 10 Upgrade page for further information.

Don't I need drivers from Sony for Windows 10?
Not necessarily. Many basic system functionalities should be enabled with the drivers included within the Windows 10 operating system. Please note that Sony does not provide Windows 10 drivers for this model.
http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/os10upgrade.pl?mdl=VGNAR705E

Tyler_CompC

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

while i thank you for your research this doesn't help with my original question.

Tyler_CompC

Commendable
Mar 30, 2016

the customer purchased and installed it. if you can link me the driver that you talk about.