Solved! USB microphone produces static noise whatever I try

Zhekaus

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Hello,
I’ve got a problem with CAD U39 USB Microphone.

It produces some kind of static noise at -48db even if it’s turned off with a selector on it.

I’ve tried different USB-sockets on different computers (laptop and desktop) with different USB cords. I’ve tried laptop connected to the socket and on battery. All other recording devices are disabled.
I have not problem with the ground connection, however I tried to ground the desktops's case.

I've made a huge googling and I don't know what else I can try.

What do you think, is my microphone defected and it’s simply its feature?

PS. I’m on Windows 10.

I'm looking forward to any response,
With best regards,
Zhekaus

Solution
i didnt hear any sound , are you using mic as a sound card or just as a mic?

if not using as a sound card , it would mean that your mic is receiving extra power ( electromagnetic interference or rf interference ) , if it is emi or rf interference , its now out of my hands , as thats more complicated

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
what is your microphone gain set to? if it is to high? ( the setting with in the operating system audio manager) , from my experience with the usb audio technica atr2500 mic , if it is high , it can cause a hiss

Zhekaus

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017

Recording level is set to minimum. Even if I set it to 0, the noise still remains, -48db.
Please listen to the test record: https://yadi.sk/d/JiS77_IH3Ege2U

TemplarBlood

Estimable
Sep 17, 2014
i didnt hear any sound , are you using mic as a sound card or just as a mic?

if not using as a sound card , it would mean that your mic is receiving extra power ( electromagnetic interference or rf interference ) , if it is emi or rf interference , its now out of my hands , as thats more complicated

Solution