USB ports not broken, but "Too low"

Sal D

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
I have a Toshiba laptop. The single USB on the left side works fine, but the two on the right side just suddenly stopped working one day. I tried fiddling with a USB jack and I found the they weren't actually broken, but had shifted somehow. If I plug something in and push it a little bit downward the device will connect, but the second I stop applying the downward pressure it disconnects. Is there a simple way to fix this without a big computer repair bill, or do I just have to deal for now?

Solution
Your leads have broken free from your board the only way you can fix it is ti take computer apart and solder back to board or jumper the leads to next space on board if u dont have the skills to do this it will need a technician to do it hope this helped

james7792

Estimable
Jan 24, 2015
Your leads have broken free from your board the only way you can fix it is ti take computer apart and solder back to board or jumper the leads to next space on board if u dont have the skills to do this it will need a technician to do it hope this helped

Solution