Usb ports not working

G

i have a laptop Toshiba satellite M115-S3094 system It has 4 USB ports and non of them work I download the latest BIOS but nothing seems to be helping. Please help me.Thank you in advance.

r_manic

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Just to be clear, you've tried every USB device you have, as well as some of your friend's? you should also make sure you've download all drivers for your laptop; sometimes the drivers for the USB ports aren't included with the motherboard drivers.

shabaa

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
There is also the possibility that the USB port itself has separated from the motherboard circuit board. This is a common occurrence with laptops. The problem is people using several high powered usb2.0 devices or damaging the port by having a device plugged in to the usb port and damaged the port by "bumping the device" while it was plugged in. I have had to repair many of these ports on many notebooks due to physical damage to the port or just the port assembly or one of the contacts has separated from the motherboard. After looking at you system specs and checking on the Toshiba site I have found that you specific notebook uses the standard usb drivers found in windows.