Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if you'll still get the error after the reboot.
- Next is to uninstall/reinstall the USB driver from Device Manager. Once uninstalled reboot your laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
- If these will not work, please do try these support link from Microsoft.
- Do run the automatic Fix it and see if the same problem will persist.
- If all these will not work do try to run a complete factory reset.