ionutvd

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
Hello.

I have a philips 47pfh6309 tv and i have a problem with playing movies from usb external hdd or stick. Sometimes, randomly, usb disconnects and the source changes to the last used source. If i go back on usb, it disconnects again. I can't do anything but to wait a few minutes. Then it works. This happens randomly. Sometimes i watch 5 hours of usb movies and works fine, sometimes it crashes after one hour of movie.
I tried an external hdd and a usb stick, i have the same problem with both.
First i thought it's because of the video file, but after it first disconnects and i go back on usb source, after a few secconds it disconnects again while i am in the menu, not playing any video.
Because it happens randomly, i'm afraid that if i send it in service they will say the problem isn't present.

Do you have any ideea what could i do?

Solution
Welcome to the community, @ionutvd!

If the issue is present on more than 1 external storage device, then it's most probably coming from the TV or the USB port itself. Do you have another port on the TV available? If you do, you could try connecting the external devices through it. Another way to troubleshoot this would be to use an external USB hub and connect the devices through it to see if they would disconnect again.
However, if the TV is still within the warranty period, I'd definitely consider contacting the manufacturer's customer support for assistance. You should be able to RMA it and get a replacement, if the problem is coming from the TV.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting, though. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the community, @ionutvd!

If the issue is present on more than 1 external storage device, then it's most probably coming from the TV or the USB port itself. Do you have another port on the TV available? If you do, you could try connecting the external devices through it. Another way to troubleshoot this would be to use an external USB hub and connect the devices through it to see if they would disconnect again.
However, if the TV is still within the warranty period, I'd definitely consider contacting the manufacturer's customer support for assistance. You should be able to RMA it and get a replacement, if the problem is coming from the TV.

Keep me posted with the troubleshooting, though. Good luck! :)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution