USB sound issues with asus 970

robertdegges

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
UPDATE: Found the solution:
https://youtu.be/Teroph9SOhk

I’m about fed up with sound issues. Also fed up with the trash Chinese products. Sade’s headset was working fine. Bought a pair of speakers to use in conjunction with them. Wasn’t able to get them to work and ended up messing up my headset operation.

Windows 7. Microsoft is completely useless with trouble shooting. Have tried reinstalling headset driver from disc, no luck. Roll backed drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, restarting every time. Uninstalled Realtek since I know the headset was working beforehand. I never had an issue with my sienhausers. Any tips before I literally throw this garbage in the trash?

Lutfij

Splendid
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs.
Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Audio equipment:

Make sure you're on the latest BIOS on your motherboard. From the way you've titled the thread, I'm assuming your headset is USB driven. If so then there's no need for an audio chi as the audio is processed on the USB port/headset itself. You may also want to see if you're on the latest USB/chipset drivers for your platform.

robertdegges

Prominent
Dec 5, 2017
Ok I’m on the latest bios. Will check usb drivers but 99.99% sure on the latest as well. Edit: on the latest usb

FX8350
ASUS 970 Pro Gaming
G.skill trident 16gb
Win 7 pro
Samsung m.2 960 evo
Aorus gtx1080

Sades sa902
Blue snowball

Yes it’s usb based.. I have tried installing drivers before plugging in. There’s a trick to it and I can’t remember what it is. It has worked up until yesterday.