Using a non WiFi Samsung sound bar with WiFi Samsung speakers on Samsung TV

bradyhall15

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I have a Samsung 5 series sound bar. Model number is HW-KM55c connecting to a 55" Samsung 6 series TV model number MU6490. We just got some Samsung R1 speakers and thought we could use them together with the soundbar on the TV. The TV will not let you use a WIFI speaker with a wired non wifi sound bar. Is there any way to get around this or a device I can use so I can use the non wifi sound bar with the WIFI Samsung speakers and get them all to play together on the TV at the same time? Any help would be appreciated as I am completely lost right now. Also the TV does not have Bluetooth so I can not connect them through Bluetooth to the TV.

Thanks!!

Solution
I don't think you can use the R1 speakers as rear surround sound speakers.
If the soundbar were meant to work with wireless surround speakers it would have the audio processing built in. The speakers would then pair with the soundbar. The TV doesn't have that processing either.
It might be possible to get the soundbar and speaker to all play at the same time by splitting the optical output, settting it to pcm stereo and connecting both the soundbar and a bluetooth transmitter. It wouldn't be surround sound and you would have to adjust the volume of the soundbar and speakers separately every time you wanted to adjust overall volume since the TV audio out is usually fixed volume.
I don't think you can use the R1 speakers as rear surround sound speakers.
If the soundbar were meant to work with wireless surround speakers it would have the audio processing built in. The speakers would then pair with the soundbar. The TV doesn't have that processing either.
It might be possible to get the soundbar and speaker to all play at the same time by splitting the optical output, settting it to pcm stereo and connecting both the soundbar and a bluetooth transmitter. It wouldn't be surround sound and you would have to adjust the volume of the soundbar and speakers separately every time you wanted to adjust overall volume since the TV audio out is usually fixed volume.

Solution