Using a Samsung 5.1 surround system (need help!)

ceej dawg

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Hey Everybody!
I have absolutely no idea about audio and I have finished my computer and am now trying to sort out some sound. We have a Samsung htz110 that was very cheap and has virtually become useless as it overheats and shuts itself off. I would like to use the speakers from it for gaming and listening to music on my new computer. The only problem is I don't now how i will do it.

The plug for the speakers is Samsung specific but they are see though and it is easy to see they are still just two cables like any other. So I am guessing that i will have to cut this off, strip the wires and then solder these to a new connection that will work with my mobos inbuilt sound card.
The mobo i have is an 890GX Extreme 3 and it has a VIA® VT2020 Audio Codec. I do not know what plugs these are and if this can even be done.

Any help at all would be much appreciated :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Audio 2
R Audio 1
C Audio 4
N Audio 1
A Audio 3
S Audio 2
R Audio 2
B Audio 2
M Audio 10
D Audio 1
T Audio 1
M Audio 1
J Audio 2
P Audio 2
A Audio 1
R Audio 1
S Audio 1
J Audio 1
S Audio 1
K Audio 1
Similar threads
Koss surround sound/Samsung tv
Solved! I hooked Phillips stereo to samsung smart TV for surround sound, but get no sound only humming how to fix?
Solved! How do I connect a sharp smart tv to Samsung 3d blueray surround
Solved! How do I hook up a frisby surround sound to a Samsung smart tv
I have a surround system on my Samsung tv. I plugged a fire tv into my tv, and only sound from the channel the tv is on came
how do I connect samsung surround system to tv
Samsung soundbar surround setup with Vizio tv
Connect an old JVC surround sound to a UHD Samsung 6290.
Home theater surround sound component Red and white cables to hook to new Samsung 4K HDMI tv
Surround and center speakers not working for samsung ht-d5100
I want to get a Samsung Surround Sound system. It would go on my 55 in Vizio smart tv. Are they compatible and how?
Samsung surround sound system Plays cds but won't play dvds
how to hook up an old harman kardon pm640 amplifier and tuner to new sony surround sound system and samsung tv
I have a Samsung Smart TV (5500 Series) and a 3D bluray player/surround sound system. How can I get the surround sound to come
Samsung (htib) surround sound system only front two speakers and sub work
How to connect a computer Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 surround sound system to Sony Blu-ray player S3200 OR Samsung LN32D450 TV
Samsung surround sound 5.1 system 1000w rear speakers aren't working
Right front speaker on Samsung theater system not working, but does work during test
how do i get my blaupunkt tv to play through my samsung surround sound system
Best wireless soundbar surround sound system for a samsung tv, love movies want

ASK THE COMMUNITY