Using both HDMI and component inputs

carnold1978

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
I have a quick question. I just mounted my TV and rather than run multiple cables up the mantle, i bought a Sony receiver so i could hook all components to it and then just run one HDMI cable up to the TV. I connected my cable box and playstation 4 to the receiver via HDMI cables. I also connected my Wii and my playstation 2 (keeping the ps2 because it has some karaoke games we like) via auxiliary component cables to the receiver in the audio/video in connections. However, when i try to select the wii and ps2, they will not show on the tv. No problem pulling up cable and ps4 that are connected via HDMI, but can't pull up those components connected with regular old a/v cables. Help!!!!!

Solution
It seems that the Sony receiver you bought does not convert all the other inputs to HDMI. This is not an unusual feature and in your case kind of critical. Hope you can return it for one that does this. Otherwise you will have to run addtional cables to the TV.

carnold1978

Honorable
Dec 3, 2013
Thanks, i appreciate the response. I went with the entry model (STRDH540), so i bet your right. Have only had it for a week, so i'll return it in the next couple of days. Thx again!