Solved! Using fitness watches without a Smart watch App. Mission impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ittiandro

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I wanted to buy a fitness watch, butI have no Smart Phone. Do I really need to setup the watch on a Smartphone with an App if I only want to see the data directly on the watch while running ? ( HR, Calories..) This is all I need! I don't need recording or storing the data beyond each session.
All the fitness watches listed on Amazon say that a Smartphone and an App are needed. Why shouldn't this darn modern gadgetry allow to use a fitness watch for what these watches were originally designed for: monitor the data on the spot?
Do I really need the APP? If I do, I might as well stay with my old Rs 100 Polar, but it has a chest transmitter and I wanted to get away from it.sing I am utterly confused.

Thanks

Ittiandro

ashleydent

Great
Apr 23, 2020
You can use the smartwatch without pairing it with the smartphone. You can use t for running, mountain climbing and hiking. For example, I used the Galaxy watch without a mobile device. I could track my steps, but then I could not enjoy all the features. Therefore, I connected with the smartphone. However, for basic things you can use it without paring it with the phone.

ashleydent

Great
Apr 23, 2020
You can use the smartwatch without pairing it with the smartphone. You can use t for running, mountain climbing and hiking. For example, I used the Galaxy watch without a mobile device. I could track my steps, but then I could not enjoy all the features. Therefore, I connected with the smartphone. However, for basic things you can use it without paring it with the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Fitness Trackers 1
R Fitness Trackers 1
Scottylanier Fitness Trackers 0
A Fitness Trackers 1
C Fitness Trackers 1
M Fitness Trackers 1
henrytcasey Fitness Trackers 1
G Fitness Trackers 0
G Fitness Trackers 0