UX301LAA BSOD error with windows install

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Good Day.

I have got a Zenbook UX301LAA i7 4510U variant, it has 2x 128gb ssd's in raid, when i got it it was already formatted and if i try to install windows 8, 8.1 or 10 from a usb it would just boot into windows setup and when click next on 1st screen it would crash with bsod and every time a new bsod error. one time it went all the way installation and crashed at getting ready at last step of installation, the list of bsod errors as follows, some of them i forgot.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_EQUAL,
ntoskrnl.exe
kernel security check failure
wdf01000.sys error
ntfs. something i dont remember
kmode exception not handaled
page error on not paged area
irql not less or not equal
page dumped because nonzero count or mapcount
bad page state in process
system thread exception not handaled
kernel tread priority floor violation
system service exception win32kfull.sys

Always hangs for a split second or less before bsod. if goes further sometimes then i see some colored pixels here and there on screen which are not there in bios.

so is it hardware or software problem, is there any chance i can get it working, is this ram defect or ssd, i did went few times into cmd from repair this pc option and i did used diskpart and it was able to format and create partitions, also i got it formatted in windows installation,

changing raid/ahci options wont help bsod, both ssd's detected in bios and also formatted few times in same laptop, bios version 211 as asus website says its latest.

looking forward for any possible help, WINDOWS TO GO ALSO ENDS IN BSOD AT STARTUP.

THANKS

Paul NZ

Admirable
Ok that doesnt look like a UEFI BIOS.

So you would use the MBR flash drive. Change the bootdisk in the BIOS to the flash drive save settings. Then boot from it. Get to setup delete all partitions then install windows

Does that recovery screen show an error code?? And when or how did that recovery screen come up?? it shouldnt

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

I did noticed the disks both are dynamic disks, is that a problem,? how to convert to basic since i cannot go into diskpart?

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

different times different

ntoskrnl.exe
kernel security check failure
acpi bios error

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Hi. I did that while booted with hiren cd then minixp and diskpart. Now the setup crashes at 98% with error pfn list and ntfs error.

I just can not boot into aptio disk utility where the raid must be setup.

Thanks

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Ctrl+i option for irst or aptio disk setup utility dont respond. It opened just one time and i saw disk 0 was raid and disk 1 was ahci. But shutdowned due to low on battery and since then wont open. But that time it opened with ctrl f2 or somthing or just like that.

Frank07

Honorable
Feb 8, 2014
Sent to asus for repair, Turned out to be a faulty motherboard, both ssds are working fine, Repair cost does not worth it, sold for parts on ebay for 250 euro.

Thanks alot for all of your suggestions,