V moda/Bose QC25 problems

savraghor

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013
so ive bought both the bose qc 25 and the v moda m100 headphones to use on my pc, i returned the bose headphones in return for the v modas. My problem is this..

I use a SB Xi-Fi 5.1 soundcard and ive plugged the headphones into the headphone jack on the card but all the audio gets dull and the vocals seem to vanish. this happened on BOTH the boseQC 25s and the Vmoda M100s. now for the weird part...

if i SLIGHTLY pull the headphone prong out, i can get it to function properly and the sound is amazing on both sets of headphones. But as soon as i push the prong back in all the way the sound turns to crap again.

Now i tried a 3rd pair of headphones (sennheiser HD 202 II professionals) <cheap 30 dollar pair> and they work perfectly fine.

Anyone have any ideas?? cuz ive tried everything i can think of.

Solution
Right,there is a good chance that the headphone jacks will work into the extension cable and that the extension cable will work into the soundcard.
Essentially it is like fitting a different jack to your headphone cable and to the soundcard.
It is unlikely that the extension cable will have the same problems as your headphones especially as the sennheisers work.
This is not a guaranteed fix but it is cheap enough to try.

savraghor

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

sorry im not an expert in audio lol.. can u give me an example of what u mean? i dont understand how buying a headphone extension cable would change anything.

makkem

Distinguished
Right,there is a good chance that the headphone jacks will work into the extension cable and that the extension cable will work into the soundcard.
Essentially it is like fitting a different jack to your headphone cable and to the soundcard.
It is unlikely that the extension cable will have the same problems as your headphones especially as the sennheisers work.
This is not a guaranteed fix but it is cheap enough to try.

Solution