V-Moda Crossfade LP2 + V-Moda Boom mic for gaming?

ArcNeo

Estimable
Dec 28, 2014
I wanted to get a good quality gaming headset for my computer, but I do not want the mediocre quality that usually comes with a gaming headset. After reading online, I have come to the conclusion that my best shot is to get some nice headphones and add a mic to them.
Does anyone think the LP2's will do well with gaming, as well as some casual music listening (many genres)? If not, is there any other combination of headset + mic you would recommend?
Ideally, the headphone + mic would not go over $250 or so. Thanks!

Solution
i would suggest looking into the modmic. it is the most popular add-on microphone currently and is reputed to have great quality sound for the price.

for headphones i would look at the hd598 or hd558 if you like open headphones with mediocre bass levels. no amplifier is needed

if you are an ultra competitive fps gamer who prefers low bass levels and high accuracy (at the expense of having music and other sounds not being as fun to listen to unless you prefer a low bass soundstyle) the ad700x/ad900x fit the bill. no amplifier is needed

if you dont mind sacrificing on soundstage and want a bassier sound or if you need sound isolation then the dt770 are good and the 32ohm doesnt need an amp. the better (and more powerful) 250ohm version...
i would suggest looking into the modmic. it is the most popular add-on microphone currently and is reputed to have great quality sound for the price.

for headphones i would look at the hd598 or hd558 if you like open headphones with mediocre bass levels. no amplifier is needed

if you are an ultra competitive fps gamer who prefers low bass levels and high accuracy (at the expense of having music and other sounds not being as fun to listen to unless you prefer a low bass soundstyle) the ad700x/ad900x fit the bill. no amplifier is needed

if you dont mind sacrificing on soundstage and want a bassier sound or if you need sound isolation then the dt770 are good and the 32ohm doesnt need an amp. the better (and more powerful) 250ohm version does need an amp.

if you want to keep soundstage, have a bit more bass than the hd598 and have good accuracy i'd look at the dt990pro however they do need an amplifier to drive which will cost you at least $80-130 but is well worthwhile.

Solution