V-Moda lp surround question

iineviidable

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I have coolermaster 5.1 headphones which i used to really enjoy but now the audio quality is starting to fade with time.

http://tinyurl.com/v-modalp

So i was looking at these headphones, great reviews, great looks, what else could i ask for.
Surround sound is the answer to that. I don't really know anything about audio so i was wondering if these had virtual surround because I mostly use my headphones for gaming, and positional audio is definitely of great use.

Solution
the v-moda headphones are stereo only however if your soundcard or software on your pc supports virtual surround then you can get virtual surround on them which is almost as good as the surround you can get on so called 5.1 headphones (which arent as good as a real 5.1 speaker set).

for that price i'd go with a pair of ath-m50s instead. v-moda seems to be all about hype like beats and if you read a review about a faulty issue 3/4 of the response is complete crap.

the v-moda headphones are stereo only however if your soundcard or software on your pc supports virtual surround then you can get virtual surround on them which is almost as good as the surround you can get on so called 5.1 headphones (which arent as good as a real 5.1 speaker set).

for that price i'd go with a pair of ath-m50s instead. v-moda seems to be all about hype like beats and if you read a review about a faulty issue 3/4 of the response is complete crap.

Solution

iineviidable

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

Thanks i was looking at the ath-m50's too. Nothing but good reviews, i guess i'll go with those then :D

But one more question, would i need an amp for them or would the standard port on my soundblaster z sound card work.

the ath-m50s are only 35ohm resistance so work with ipods, smartphones and with soundcards without much issue.

you shouldnt need an amp although in the future if you want to add one you will get slight improvement.

keep in mind that you need to break them in. they will sound better after a few days to a week of use than when you first get them.