Vaio CR32 High pitched buzzing. PLease read, please!

Riccardo83

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
hey guys, i have a sony vaio cr32g from hk.

i got it repaired twice. first right speaker wasnt working anymore. got it changed.

shortly after i realise a buzzing sound... i thought it was the hdd so i go that exchanged too.

But in the end, I still have this high pitched buzzing. It seems it comes from the right side of my laptop, i guess.

I can easily recreate it this way.

Starting Firefox with Gmail gives me that high picthed buzzing.

BUT if i start firefox with only with www.google.com as a page, theres no buzzing. If i then switch to gmail the buzzing starts immediately, going back to google.com does stop it right away too.

Its different for every page and program, ACDSEE doenst cause a buzzing, iTunes does....

Whats wrong here? Muting the sound or so has nothing to do with it, its a electronical buzzing... high pitched.

frozenlead

Distinguished
Does the buzzing occur both with your power supply plugged in and unplugged? Does it occur when your battery is unplugged and your power supply plugged in?

If you had the right speaker replaced, it's likely to be that speaker. Do you know how to unplug the speaker, or are you too novice to crack the case open?

Also, do the programs use various colors onscreen? It may be a board/circuit associated with your monitor.

theworminator

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
Yeah, sometimes I get that too, but not too often anymore. It sometimes happened when I turned off my built in webcam. *laughs* I have no idea what causes it either. Have you tried messing around with any switches like that to turn components on and off?

Riccardo83

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
It has nothing to do if the Laptop is on AC mode or battery mode.

Also im not sure how to open my Vaio CR32G to try myself... If i had a manuaell I would try.

Ill try testing disabling some devices tho.. let u know what i find out.

And, i can do any googl search and the buzzing doesnt happen, once i switch to Gmail or Tomshardware it does start the buzzing

Closing Firefox and only running skype wont bring up the noise. Running ACDsee alone no noise either.

The noise does happen tho the same way with Internet explorer.

My hard disc is woreking non stop nevertheless which is weird too....

sk1ll

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011

Hallo!
I saw your response to the other guy's problem and I'm experiencing the same one on my VAIO VPCEB4Z1E.Yet I can see a difference when the laptop is plugged in - there is completely no buzzing or just a bit that doesn't bother me.So could you please tell me if you have any solution ?