vaio overheating after motherboard replacement

gudiaa

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
i recently got my motherboard replaced at sony service centre . i have vaio e series VPCEB34EN laptop.. 2.4 Ghz 3 GB ram i3-370 m processor windows 7 home basic 64 bit . just after this replacement, my laptop gets really heated up while using it.. usage is normal browsing and m s office or adobe reader etc.. no gaming.. heating is evident whether it is on lap or on desk or bed .. i can hear the fan working all the time. i am apprehensive as to what might be the issue.. i tried speed fan. http://s36.photobucket.com/user/gudiaa/story do i need to visit a sony service centre?

pcmagic

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
If the computer is still under warranty, take it back and have them fix it under the same service order. If the computer was not getting hot before the repairs and it is indeed acting differently and overheating, they did not do something right. This could be as simple as a bad fan or bad heatsink connection. Get it fixed ASAP. The longer you let this go on, the less reasonable the manufacture is going to be at helping you with your issue.

gudiaa

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014

gudiaa

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014

The laptop is not in warranty..but when they replaced the motherboard..they provided me with a three months warranty on motherboard..so it would be valid for this month and the next..i'll take it to them in the morning..i hope they see to what the problem is in the same service order..i don't know why I kept on delaying this..it was evident that it's getting heated but i thought then laptops get heated when used on beds and lap..so I started using it less and more cautiously and on the table but it's been a month now..and the problem still persists.. thanks for ur advice.. Both of you.. I'll let U know what happened tomorrow

gudiaa

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014

yeah..thanks..i'll be taking it to them tomorrow..and then will let U know wt happened..