Value For Money Headphones

JBD123

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Hi, I am looking for a pair of headphones to replace my Sennheiser HD 202s since they really hurt and don't sound all that great. I'll be using them for music (rock/metal) and playing FPS games such as CS:GO. From What I've read open headphones are best for sound quality and sound stage but they aren't really an option for me. From my searches I've seen that many people recommend the Audio Technica ATH-M50s. Mostly I've only seen them for $200au ish which is more than I'd want to spend. Probably no more than $150au if possible. I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations. Also an inbuilt mic is preferable but I know that most gaming headsets sound rubbish for how they cost so I will get a modmic or a cheap Zalman one if it doesn't have one.Thanks.

Solution
In reviews there neck to neck, i havent used the Sennheiser before but i have used the Sony. The Sony one sounded great and the weight was of average headphones (i tried them at the Sony store), from the reviews, the Sennheiser is apparently heavy and bulky, but they sound fantastic.

Preferably id go with the Sonys because of the Sennheisers weight.

Hope this helps!

JBD123

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

In Australia. Probably should've mentioned that. Headphones are something I wouldn't really get secondhand for hygiene reasons...

JBD123

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

Indeed they are, cheapest I can see being $150. Do you think I would be better if the the 518s+ a modmic or the audio technica PG1s? Should end up being around the same price.

A_Goat

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

JBD123

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014

That is the Mod Mic I was planning to get. Ideally I'd get the m40x,m50 or m50x but as I said they are too expensive for my budget.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
In reviews there neck to neck, i havent used the Sennheiser before but i have used the Sony. The Sony one sounded great and the weight was of average headphones (i tried them at the Sony store), from the reviews, the Sennheiser is apparently heavy and bulky, but they sound fantastic.

Preferably id go with the Sonys because of the Sennheisers weight.

Hope this helps!

Solution