Verizon: 4Chan Partly Blocked Because of Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
4chan mad they got blocked? Sounds to me like Verizon had pretty good reason and restored connectivity to the website even after this fiasco. But I don't blame Verizon, 4chan is the scum of the earth on the internet.

Raishi

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'm not a fan of Verizon or their business practices in general, but considering this isn't the first time a company has had to block 4chan for this reason, I'd call it a pretty viable defense for them.

The sad part is, whatever basement dwelling troll is actually behind the attacks is probably so very proud of himself for disrupting others routines and causing trouble like this.

necronic

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Yeah, that does seem like a plausible excuse, and its not that they blocked all of the site, just the IP causing the issue

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
I like 4chan site, interesting stuff. But those "gore" pics are just wrong on every level. I'm for free speech and everything but that just goes too far, disgusting -- and anyone who likes that stuff should be locked up. Sickos.

Raishi

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]I like 4chan site, interesting stuff. But those "gore" pics are just wrong on every level. I'm for free speech and everything but that just goes too far, disgusting -- and anyone who likes that stuff should be locked up. Sickos.[/citation]

So the parts you like are fine, but not the parts you don't like?

The world doesn't work that way.

I don't like the violent stuff myself either, but that doesn't mean you can just draw the line there because it's the limit of your personal tastes. I'm sure you like things others don't. Just as easy to lock you up for that.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]p05esto[/nom]I like 4chan site, interesting stuff. But those "gore" pics are just wrong on every level. I'm for free speech and everything but that just goes too far, disgusting -- and anyone who likes that stuff should be locked up. Sickos.[/citation]

LOL. So apparently you aren't for free speech at all. You are just for free speech so long as you agree with it. News flash, that isn't free speech. If you truly believe in free speech you accept all of the good with the small amount of bad.

Yes. God hates fags, the group that protests at burials for dead soldiers, deserves protection under the constitution if you truly believe in free speech. That is free speech. Not your warped opinion of "Free Speech."

Status
Not open for further replies.