Verizon Chief Shoots Down 2011 iPhone Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]crazitrain02[/nom]Good, the last thing I want is a crap phone on an awesome network.[/citation]

Since Verizon has never offered a crap phone before, right? Like the Kin? No, they'd never offer a phone like that.

Oh, wait.

johnnyupgrade

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I wanted to believe the iPhone on Verizon rumors back when the iPhone was the only phone in its class. Now I find it pointless to get excited over.

If you really want Verizon's network there are several phones out there that are comparable to the iPhone. I don't think it's as much a matter of fanboyism as it is people being lazy and don't want to learn a new mobile OS and its capabilities.

thlillyr

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
By 2012 verzion will have 20 phones supeior to the iphone. I personly feel like the X incerdible doid and doid 2 are all superior phones already. What do they need the iPhone for in 2012? Android could possible overtake apple by then. Or at least be a significant threat to jobs and his dreampire

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]johnnyupgrade[/nom]I wanted to believe the iPhone on Verizon rumors back when the iPhone was the only phone in its class. Now I find it pointless to get excited over.If you really want Verizon's network there are several phones out there that are comparable to the iPhone. I don't think it's as much a matter of fanboyism as it is people being lazy and don't want to learn a new mobile OS and its capabilities.[/citation]

iPhone was never the "only phone in it's class". iPhone is a smart phone....Smart Phones existed before the iPhone was released.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
Well the iphone 6 will be out then and Android will have taken over by then also windows 7 will get some market share. So unless apple opens up to other carriers they can go nowhere but down.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Not surprised. It seems to me that Verizon is making a smart business move. Waiting for the right moment to bring on the iPhone. Does Verizon need the iPhone? Probably not, I'm sure Android will do fine. But the iPhone will put the icing on the cake for sure.

[citation][nom]thlillyr[/nom]Android could possible overtake apple by then. Or at least be a significant threat to jobs and his dreampire[/citation]Android has already taken over iOS. And it is going to take a lot more than the Android beating the iOS for Jobs' dreamspire to even start feeling pressure.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Droid all the way. That's what I'm getting. Forget the iPhone and it's issues with the antenna that Apple and Jobs refuse to fix.

Apple desperately needs the Woz back to set it straight.

cp8427

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
I'm sorry but there are just better phones out there. iPhone isn't a bad phone, but compared to some of the competition, it simply cannot compete. The only upside to having an iPhone is a crap load of apps to choose from, but for people like me who simply desire the functionality of mobile web browsing, my X10 is a godsend.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
To all the Apple fans out there, nobody is forcing you to go with AT&T just to get a high quality smartphone. There are no college or school classes that require you to have an iPhone or iPad. The iPhone's exclusivity with AT&T is no different than the exclusivity that the Motorola Droid and its successors have with Verizon. An Android phone will work just as well, if not better, for school, business or pleasure as an iPhone.

G

I love watching the Sheeple fawn over Apple, Jobs, and iPhone. Evertime a rumor of a VZW iPhone comes out, every techie-wannabe wets themselves in anticipation. The iPhone is a terrible device. I have both a BlackBerry Bold 9650 (personal) and an iPhone (work). Guess which one I like the most?

Sure if you want to give up a functioning keyboard for a lame touchscreen that only records about 70% of the taps then iPhone is for you.

If you want to buy a phone only to have to buy an accessory to keep your calls from dropping then the iPhone is for you.

If your biggest goal in life is to have a "light saber" sound on your phone then the iPhone is for you.

VZW is a superior carrier in a lot of ways - why they would want to crap it up by bringing on the iPhone is beyond me. Remember your history folks, VZW turned Apple down for a lot of very good reasons several years ago - not the other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.