Verizon Confirms Xoom 2 as Droid Xyboard for December

Status
Not open for further replies.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
"10-inch version will be geared for business customers and include a stylus. "

Stylus = fail. Been down that road before fellas...didn't work then, won't work now.

de5_Roy

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
smart move on motorola's part - renaming xoom(failure) 2 to droid(better) xyboard. but after tegra 3 and asus prime tablet, tegra 2 seems useless.
and when will we see a proper googorola tablet?

G

How they settled on calling it the Droid Xyborg.

Motorola Headquarters: Conference Room B.
Alright guys lets take something that's like a droid... "Robot"... no that's not edgy enough, "CYBORG!"... yes yes that will work, and add in something to make people know its a tablet... "Pad" too used!... "Tab" way too generic cmon guys... "Board" yes! that will do. Now we just need to put these two together without making it seem obvious. "Cyboard", too obvious!, "Boardborg" that's just retarded Gary cmon; "Well what if we just used an X instead of a C with Cyboard, that way it sounds like it but its not spelled like it making it cool." BINGO!
Now to finish it off we just add Droid to the front!

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I'm waiting for a Windows 8 tablet with a built in SIRI personal assistant with Kinect technology. The way I see it, I want to walk my tablet around the house and have it record the floor plan, the layout of the lights and everything. Then, setup a panel that can turn things off and on. Also, have remote access via mobile phone.

bobusboy

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Ugh i hate this laptop / tablet subwoofer idea. They have tweeters and a woofer, with xovers which allow them to push tinny sound across a broad spectrum. A real subwoofer would take up most of the back of one of these.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]Shouldn't any newly announced android devices be coming with Ice Cream Sandwich?[/citation]

And there you have it - this is why the Android table market is an unmitigated disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.