Verizon Droid X Ad Makes Fun of iPhone 4 Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiU

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
So it is launching with android 2.2 off the box?? I thought only the Droid 2 was 2.2 out of the box.
BTW, picture says July 15 not June...

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Had an HD2. Screen was too big for phone-like usage. Phone too big to fit comfortable in pocket. Screen was awesome, but just a bit too large for a phone.
Other than that, awesome phone.

G

The Droid X is amazing. I was very impressed with the Incredible but Motorola has completely upp'ed it's game. The phone is pretty big, but it's a mini computer now... the capabilities are endless and the quality is unbeatable. This is why I'm am so confident in Verizon Wireless :) Great phones, great people, great service!

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
[citation][nom]vzwfan[/nom]The phone is pretty big, but it's a mini computer now... [/citation]
You might be too young to know, but a mini-computer was a pretty big monster in its day. It was called mini because it didn't fill a complete room, but it was still bigger than a copying machine. The desktop PC is actually called a microcomputer. So the metaphor you are looking for might be a nano-computer.

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I was so close to buying an IPhone 4 for myself. Once I heard their comments this past week, it reminded me why I've never bought an Apple product in the past. It strengthened my resolve to keep away from them.

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Reasons not to buy iPhones :
1. Sh*t too expensive for those hardware quality
2. Foxconn, no further explanation for this.
3. Contract with certain mobile providers (different in every nations).

guanyu210379

Distinguished
Enough of those with iPhone stuffs and I wanna get back to the Droids.
Now I am wondering...which one is more powerfull..
Pentium III 800 or those Droids?
Those Droids are actually mini computers...for those who have said that...I have to agree on that.

amlman

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
[citation][nom]MiamiU[/nom]So it is launching with android 2.2 off the box?? I thought only the Droid 2 was 2.2 out of the box. [/citation]

read again

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Ok, I am by no means an Apple fanboy, but seriously, the Iphone is the best device ever created (and I do mean device in a general kinda sense). I read through each and every word of AnandTech's Iphone 4 review and I can see how some people can try to crucify Apple. After all, the Iphone 4 is the best smart phone ever, so it is only natural that some people will try to kick it while its down...

But, as the test results show, no matter how you hold it, it will only drop calls if you are already at a weak signal area. The actual loss of signal is 24db, which is about 20% of the total max signal one can get on any phone, so I recommend getting some facts before jumping on the Iphone lynching fervor, cause to be honest, its beginning to feel like a witch hunt...

angelraiter

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
Ok, I am by no means an Apple fanboy, but seriously, the Iphone is the best device ever created (and I do mean device in a general kinda sense). I read through each and every word of AnandTech's Iphone 4 review and I can see how some people can try to crucify Apple. After all, the Iphone 4 is the best smart phone ever, so it is only natural that some people will try to kick it while its down...

But, as the test results show, no matter how you hold it, it will only drop calls if you are already at a weak signal area. The actual loss of signal is 15-24db, which is no more than 20% of the total max signal one can get on ANY phone, so I recommend getting some facts before jumping on the Iphone lynching fervor, cause to be honest, its beginning to feel like a witch hunt...

Status
Not open for further replies.