Verizon (Falsely?) Claims Exclusive on Galaxy Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmung

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
this whole launch with certain carriers is bullshit where i live t mobile has the best service but doesn't get many of the great phones and i know the samsung galaxy s2 is good but apart from that we got nothing noteworthy

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
Garbage phone on a garbage OS; no one will buy it, not when the iphone 4s absolutely destroys it in every possible way.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Garbage phone on a garbage OS; no one will buy it, not when the iphone 4s absolutely destroys it in every possible way.[/citation]

LOL all the iphone 4S did was catch up to the Nexus S. you apple fanboys always crack me up

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]shmung[/nom]this whole launch with certain carriers is bullshit where i live t mobile has the best service but doesn't get many of the great phones and i know the samsung galaxy s2 is good but apart from that we got nothing noteworthy[/citation]

I don't understand why the Nexus One and Nexus S were available at T-Mobile right off the bat but the Galaxy Nexus has moved the whole shebang to Verizon. My Nexus One is dying and I was holding off for the Galaxy Nexus. Now I don't know if I have the patience (my phone is driving me mental) to wait and see how long it will be before the Galaxy Nexus hits my network. I might have to hit up ebay for a cheap Nexus S...

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]LOL all the iphone 4S did was catch up to the Nexus S. you apple fanboys always crack me up[/citation]

Consumers speak with their wallets, and more people are buying iPhones than any other phone. Face it, Android is a niche product for nerds and for poor people on carriers like Boost Mobile and Cricket who cannot afford a real "smartphone".

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Consumers speak with their wallets, and more people are buying iPhones than any other phone. Face it, Android is a niche product for nerds and for poor people on carriers like Boost Mobile and Cricket who cannot afford a real "smartphone".[/citation]

LOL yea the poor mans phone. so before the 4S came out you would rather buy a 1$50.00 phone that is one year old then a cheaper phone that just came out 6 months ago with more advanced features LOL. bah bah apple sheep

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Consumers speak with their wallets, and more people are buying iPhones than any other phone. Face it, Android is a niche product for nerds and for poor people on carriers like Boost Mobile and Cricket who cannot afford a real "smartphone".[/citation]
According to consumers, Android is the better smartphone OS.... As of July 2011, Android held 39% of the Smartphone market with Apple only holding 28% in the US. As of June 2011, Apple held 18.2% of the World smartphone market....while Android had 38.9% of the world smartphone market.

You really should do some research, because the market data says more people are buying Android based smartphones than iPhones (odds are 2-1 in favor of Android)...

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]LOL yea the poor mans phone. so before the 4S came out you would rather buy a 1$50.00 phone that is one year old then a cheaper phone that just came out 6 months ago with more advanced features LOL. bah bah apple sheep[/citation]

Nah, I have an iphone 4 that does everything I need it to do better than any Android phone could, and likely will for at least another year.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
I'm getting really sick of phones being carrier specific.
I may be dreaming, but I think as long as a phone is compatible with my carriers network (Mine requires CDMA), I should be able to acquire it at a subsidized price and use it on said network.
DAMMIT!!!

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Nah, I have an iphone 4 that does everything I need it to do better than any Android phone could, and likely will for at least another year.[/citation]Then why are you even reading, much less posting in, AN ARTICLE ABOUT ANDROID PHONES?!?!?!
Good for you and your phone. I'm so glad you're happy with it. I for one found my iphone 3GS far too limited and boring for my tastes. Your tastes obviously differ.
Oh, and nobody fucking cares BTW!

psychbob

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011

Here you go iTroll:

http://www.dailytech.com/Android+Market+Share+Reaches+56+Percent+RIMs+Microsofts+Cut+in+Half/article22852.htm

There's like two android phones on Boost mobile right now, and they cost atleast $200. You seem to be under this delusion that iphone users own a ferrari and android users own a ford. Android appeals to everybody, with a large variety of phones. Choice. That's what android is about.

By the way, you see that the android market surpassed apple?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mobiledia/2011/10/27/android-market-posts-big-numbers-surpasses-apple/

lol, bite on that.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]sykozis[/nom]According to consumers, Android is the better smartphone OS.... As of July 2011, Android held 39% of the Smartphone market with Apple only holding 28% in the US. As of June 2011, Apple held 18.2% of the World smartphone market....while Android had 38.9% of the world smartphone market.You really should do some research, because the market data says more people are buying Android based smartphones than iPhones (odds are 2-1 in favor of Android)...[/citation]

And you should learn to read! I said that the iphone is selling more than "any other phone", not that iOS outsells Android.

But Android "sales" aren't really sales when providers have to literally give them away to get people to use them. Add all the value carriers that Apple isn't on, and Android grabs more marketshare that Apple isn't competing in.

Now that the iPhone is on most major, US carriers, it will likely cannibalize Android sales for people that only got Android because it was either that or a Blackberry.

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]Then why are you even reading, much less posting in, AN ARTICLE ABOUT ANDROID PHONES?!?!?!Good for you and your phone. I'm so glad you're happy with it. I for one found my iphone 3GS far too limited and boring for my tastes. Your tastes obviously differ.Oh, and nobody fucking cares BTW![/citation]

Hello pot, meet kettle! You idiots troll Apple in every article, yet don't understand when people who are sick of it do it back.

psychbob

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]Hello pot, meet kettle! You idiots troll Apple in every article, yet don't understand when people who are sick of it do it back.[/citation]

aww..poor little iTroll has been getting his lil feelings hurt when people criticize Apple, so he decides to come here and justify his shiny turd.

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
[citation][nom]getreal[/nom]And you should learn to read! I said that the iphone is selling more than "any other phone", not that iOS outsells Android.But Android "sales" aren't really sales when providers have to literally give them away to get people to use them. Add all the value carriers that Apple isn't on, and Android grabs more marketshare that Apple isn't competing in.Now that the iPhone is on most major, US carriers, it will likely cannibalize Android sales for people that only got Android because it was either that or a Blackberry.[/citation]

Att, verizon, Sprint, etc( major carrier ) has some/all of the cost of the phone in their voice and data plans. They give you a discount up front for the 2 years contract, then recover the cost over the 2 years. Is you voice and data any cheaper with an iphone? Because it's hardly discounted or worst, never free. You basically paying on both front( for the phone and monthly). If you show a little restraint instead blindly eating it up, then maybe the carrier would discount the iphone more. I am not talking about free iphone 3. lol

jivdis1x

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
The manufacturer of the phone is not giving them out free. The carrier buys them. Sales is sales, doesn't matter who buys them. The saleman see dollars sign when iphone buyer comes into the store. "oh, I'll charge this smuck something that should be free!"

Status
Not open for further replies.