verizon galaxy s5 wanting MetroPCS service

Lubomyr

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015

I have the same question. When I put Metro SIM card into Verizon based s5, it does't work and there is notification like SIM card not from Verizon. I can get rid of this message (till next reboot), but the phone is still not working. I called Verizon, but they told me I have to call Metro PCS. I don't want to buy SIM card from them, because they will charge additional fee for updating my phone plus will add $10 monthly to my plan.

Leronlb

Commendable
Mar 29, 2016
Hey I have the same issue did any of you get a solution?

Althea_1

Commendable
Apr 23, 2016
Hi I had the same issue I recently change Verizon s5 to metro pcs once the phone is unlock you would be able to use it on metro. There are a few features that don't work after switching WiFi sharing and accessing your voice mail box also your account info on my metro app.

Andre_53

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016

How did you do it

Doese97

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017

Doese97

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
I have a Verizon S6 edge plus.. I also using Metro pcs service.. Yes it says, This is not a Verizon sim card & after 3 metro store & having to buy a Verizon Prepaid card (with only 5gb data that was gone in a week) I finally got a worker who knew what she was doing. You have to add Metro PCS to The APN settings under Mobile networks (Google Metro PCS APN settings).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 0
A Android Smartphones 1
Y Android Smartphones 1
P Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
G Android Smartphones 2
K Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 2
M Android Smartphones 1