Verizon: iPhone is Digitally Clueless Beauty Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accidental

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
I never really considered the handset 'appearance' category, but now that you think about it, the iPhone seems to be owned mostly by 1) women 2) male 'metrosexuals' and 3) homosexuals.

copperbottoms

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
it's true.. i own an ipod touch (identical in every respect save functionality for all intents and purposes) and the entire interface feels like so much polish on a childish gadget. There are so many times I wish I could do things in the UI that make sense but Apple hasn't included.

G

I saw this ad like a week ago...and it made me chuckle...but since when have Verizon ads been news worthy? There's no lawsuit news or anything like that to go with it.....I bet a whole bunch of new commercials on all sorts of things came out this week...so what!?

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]copperbottoms[/nom]it's true.. i own an ipod touch (identical in every respect save functionality for all intents and purposes) and the entire interface feels like so much polish on a childish gadget. There are so many times I wish I could do things in the UI that make sense but Apple hasn't included.[/citation]
Finally someone steps up to the plate and tells it like it is! The IPOD is a wonderfully functioning locked down toy for adults and that happens to make phone calls.

glorfendel

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
meh crackberry for work iphone for my self. ya its behind the times ya there is stuff it cant do. sure there are lower priced options that don't require dealing with apple. but it all comes down to this. I work 12+ hour days almost year round fixing much more complicated crap then a phone. by the time I'm done I want a phone that has very little in the way of tweaking. its perfect if i need a app i get one it works. oh and i have been with att for 8 years moved 3 times more then 500 apart each time same service not amazing but not what everyone makes it out to be and just as good as sprint\verizon witch i use\used for work.

glorfendel

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
oh and I hate apple the iphone is the only product they make i own and ever intend to. i don't even have a ipod i have a zune. i will get something else as soon as something better and worth the hassle of switching presents its self. Im not a woman a metro or gay, your generalization reeks of bias sir.

elrodvoss

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Its not loading at all on this page and the link does not work either at this current time.

Tried to do a search to find other links, no luck so far.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]glorfendel[/nom]oh and I hate apple the iphone is the only product they make i own and ever intend to. i don't even have a ipod i have a zune. i will get something else as soon as something better and worth the hassle of switching presents its self. Im not a woman a metro or gay, your generalization reeks of bias sir.[/citation]

dearest comrade.

etichi

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
[citation][nom]buwish[/nom]LOL! I must admit that Verizon is finally saying what must be said about the iphone. Way to "man up" Verizon.[/citation]

I didn't realise circuitry had a gender. You are clueless slave and your master is a cup of weak propaganda.

peteve

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
glorfendel:
i get it, there isn't one option that works for everyone and for your needs and likes, the iphone is what works best. i'm being honest when i say, good.

but this article is about comparison of the two phones. and the iphone is being shown here in it's true light. it is known and common practice that _most_ woman ask a man to hook up the entertainment system in the house because they just want something to work, not figure it out. the iphone is technically a weak phone. i review each technical choice for a month before i spend money on a phone or pc part. and within a couple of hours of reviewing the iphone a yr or two ago, it was more show than meat. that type does have it's place in our world, but technically it sucks. att and verizon and everyone else for that matter have better phones than the iphone. but the iphone gets the most images and marketing hype. and why? not bcuz it rules, but bcuz it works and it works bcuz it limits everything on it.

so yeah, it's a beauty queen. they look pretty but are dumb.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
I don't think the iPhone looks good. It looks very feminine. The rounded edges make it look like a cutesy toy for the people that make corners dangerous.

The Droid has nice angles, good form, it looks like a new age, powerful device. I think the Droid looks better than the iPhone.

But that is just personal opinion on the looks. If you want to get down to functionality, the Droid comes out way ahead.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Verizon you wish you had an Iphone, and around 80% of your customers base would kill for one. Your Droid is a Doid on Meth. You might have better coverage than ATT, but your not even close to Iphone technology. Go Iphone...........

Status
Not open for further replies.