Verizon Readies Android 2.1 Update for Droid

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I'll glady wait another 2.5 weeks for HTC to give me 2.1 with SenseUI. But not more than 2.5! I need my SMS to actually work! It keeps merging threads and sending the messages to the wrong persons!

G

They really need to fix the storage issue. I guess if you used a hacked rom you can get around that but it should be built into the os.

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
Great to see the Droid is getting even better! With the Droid and NexusOne running 2.1 you have the two best phones available running on 3 of the 4 major networks!

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Hmm no mention of bluetooth voice dialing via headset button that's been missing since day one so you can't use it hands free.

td854

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2009
Unfortunately, the update does not address storage issues related to SD cards. Currently all applications are installed straight to the device's limited internal memory. Unlike the iPhone, Droid users are locked to a limited number of applications thanks to the size restraints. There's no indication that Google will allow app installation to the SD card in any future updates.

While this may be true it's not 100% accurate. Luckily there are some apps that are smart enough to leave a small footprint of data on the device's memory and put the rest of it on the SD card.

G

Hopefully it'll fix the broken GPS that so many users, including I, are experiencing. Simply broke from one hour to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.