Verizon Rolling Out 4G in 30 U.S. Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
McMonagle said that monitoring devices--those that regulate equipment ranging from refrigerators to traffic sensors--would also be the first on the network, adding that the prices for such devices would drop quickly after hitting the market.
Wait.... WHAT?!?!?!

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
After all this is implemented;Google will buy verizon. After all, skynet needs to control the roads :)....and to rot all the food in your fridge.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]LOL! 12Mbps... that's not real 4g...that's why I hate going to USA. internet is so slow... I'm used to 21.6Mbps since years ago[/citation]

Its the first phase, what do you expect?

TheKurrgan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]LOL! 12Mbps... that's not real 4g...that's why I hate going to USA. internet is so slow... I'm used to 21.6Mbps since years ago[/citation]
Well your entire country is probably the size of a single state in the US. If all our carriers had to deal with was say, NEW YORK we'd be at blazing fast speeds too. But with a country that occupies the better part of an entire continent, its a little more challenging. This goes all the way back to infrastructure, cost of laying fiber, head end equipment, etc. All spread over a huge area. So stay in whatever Euro-trash country you're in and be happy with your lack of BS inhibiting progress :)

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007

really? thats why im running about 45mbps down 35/mbps up on my Verizon Fios.

4ILY45

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
[citation][nom]Shadow703793[/nom]Wait.... WHAT?!?!?![/citation]

It's a common thing actually..

Dad works for a local municipal council,
sometimes saw him working with a laptop with a SIM card slot and some kind of special traffic light monitoring and control software..

heffeque

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2002
[citation][nom]geminireaper[/nom]really? thats why im running about 45mbps down 35/mbps up on my Verizon Fios.[/citation]
You have FiOS on your phone? How do you manage to have that internet speed with FiOS out of your home? Do you take the fiber optic cable with you all the time? Hahaha! N00b.

G

One of the reasons why we don't have faster speeds over the air is because the best frequencies to do this are used by the US Military and Government. Other countries have these frequencies available for private/public use.

Sprint's WiMax isn't actually true WiMax since the frequency that WiMax uses world wide is with in the military controlled spectrum in the US. Sprint's WiMax was also implemented in a horrible way. It has been out for over a year and has less coverage than AT&T's 3G upgraded network.

I expect Verizon's 4G to be more stable with better coverage 1 year after launch than any other 4G product out there. Verizon will release a "Rev. A" sometime in the future pushing the speeds much faster. When Verizon's 3G service was released, they did it in the same way they are doing the 4G. Now 3G is every where.

G

Hey dude, why don't you stay where all that fast Internet is and quit complaining. BTW, what country invented the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.