Verizon to AT&T: The Truth Hurts, Doesn't It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Ouch. I think AT&T is doing more harm than good with this lawsuit. They aren't going to get an injunction to halt the ads so the best thing they could possibly hope for is monetary damages and even that is extremely unlikely. If people weren't aware of these advertisements or haven't seen them they probably have now thanks to the headlines AT&T keeps grabbing with the legal battle.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
AT&T lost this one, lol. Go Verizon! Not that I care, but it's funny.

Verizon does look much better in comparrison. My friends with other carriers always drop calls and I hate even talking to them. My verizon serive, I can't even remember ever losing a call.

MotionMan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
I'm an AT&T user - and pretty happy with their service. Biggest reason I'm with them - simplified and slightly discounted billing along with my landlines and the fact that I'm very happy with my iPhone.

All the same - looking at the maps I have to say I agree with Verizon on this. Times when all I can get is 2G I find the service to be unacceptably slow.

I hope that AT&T sees the writing on the wall. I guess this sort of thing is what people refer to when they say: 'competition in the marketplace benefits the consumer'.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
Also, At&T claimed that "unlike Verizon, AT&T has the fastest 3G network".

Wrong. If you average the network speed with the area where it is available, I bet Verizon is several times faster.
It doesn't matter if AT&T's 3G does 1.7Mbps to Verizon's 1.3Mbps
If Verizon's 3G is available where AT&T's isn't, it is faster.

The comparison is completely appropriate, and AT&T is scared because the ads come right before the holiday season.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Verizon is right. How can AT&T sue them for telling the truth? Even AT&T admits its the truth. I guess the truth does hurt.

merloin

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Verizon have it spot on. AT&T are upset because Verizon is speaking the truth. The only reason I'm with AT&T is because of the iphone. I've never had 3G turned on because it can never connect. No point wasting what little precious battery power this phone has trying to find a non-existent network.

The phone itself is starting to tick me off so once my contract is up, I'm going back to Verizon and getting the Droid or something similar . Never had any problems with Verizon before switching to AT&T. Now its a crap shoot if I'll have good signal or not.

merloin

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Verizon have it spot on. AT&T are upset because Verizon is speaking the truth. The only reason I'm with AT&T is because of the iphone. I've never had 3G turned on because it can never connect. No point wasting what little precious battery power this phone has trying to find a non-existent network.

The phone itself is starting to tick me off so once my contract is up, I'm going back to Verizon and getting the Droid or something similar . Never had any problems with Verizon before switching to AT&T. Now its a crap shoot if I'll have good signal or not.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I am personally a happy AT&T customer with a 2G iPhone and am very happy with it, and any issues I've had with it haven't been any major ones; in other words, I can live perfectly fine with them. However, to sstym's comment, yeah ok Verizon might have more coverage than AT&T, but I'm sorry...location has nothing to do with speed, it simply makes it more convienient to get 3G speed that is slightly slower that AT&T's IN THOSE AREAS.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
On a more personal note, I would respect Verizon far more than I currently do if they weren't so f*cking arrogant about things. IMO, it seems like they're the bullies of the wireless network world, and at the moment AT&T seems like they're the victim and they're crying about it. But that's because Verizon are being assholes.

toastninja17

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Finally, if AT&T does indeed decide to act on this an invest in more 3G coverage, I will definitely be happy about that. Although being an EDGE user for almost 3 years now, if not more, 3G anywhere will be just grand. Oh, and everyone I know that has 3G service with AT&T has no problems where I live.

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]It is time for you AT&T to step up to the plate and poof that verizon is wrong.[/citation]

You're right: it is time for them to go *poof*

sstym

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
[citation][nom]toastninja17[/nom] to sstym's comment, yeah ok Verizon might have more coverage than AT&T, but I'm sorry...location has nothing to do with speed, it simply makes it more convienient to get 3G speed that is slightly slower that AT&T's IN THOSE AREAS.[/citation]

If your car can drive at 100mph on the first 10 miles of a trip but is limited to 30mph on the remaining 90 miles, and mine can do 70mph all the way, my car is faster on that trip, period.

MotionMan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
While we're on the topic of AT&T's potentially uneven development priorities... why on Earth have they not yet provided tethering for the iPhone? I wonder if it has something to do with not having enough 3G coverage?

On my old brain-dead AT&T tilt tethering worked fine (though I'll never buy a Windows mobile device again).

Status
Not open for further replies.