Verizon's 3G "Map For That" Campaign Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
It seems like a rule in advertising, those who advertise the most need to advertise the most because they can't rely on the quality of their product to sell itself. So they have to spend a ton of dough brainwashing people into thinking their awful product is great and they need to buy it.

G

@trevorvdw: There is one other reason- to legitimize your product to a bunch of already brainwashed people (Pepsi in the 80s - 90s). I'm not an apple hater but there are a bunch of people who would buy a turd in a box if it had an apple logo on it. Verizon's commercials have a purpose- to point out to the already brainwashed masses that while the iPhone is cool- AT&T sucks. AT&T on the other hand is doing exactly what you pointed out.

Jenoin

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Actually I think the Droid appeals to straight males who like tech far more than the Iphone, which is an apple product. Apple is the "I know nothing about tech I'm a chick/metrosexual male brand" BTW

seboj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
@Luke Wilson ad

If you assume that both 'downloads' are at a constant rate and both started from the bottom at the same time, which I'm sure is the point, then it is technically impossible for those 2 downloads to be at the same place when the ad starts. The Verizon side would barely be at Wilson's knees by the time the AT&T side finished.

Bad science is bad.

counselmancl

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
[citation][nom]gekko668[/nom]god verizon "Map for that" is beginning to become like "Hi i'm a mac, and i'm a pc" ads - its lame and boring.[/citation]
Your mother is lame and boring

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
[citation][nom]hadTaComment[/nom]@trevorvdw: There is one other reason- to legitimize your product to a bunch of already brainwashed people (Pepsi in the 80s - 90s). I'm not an apple hater but there are a bunch of people who would buy a turd in a box if it had an apple logo on it. Verizon's commercials have a purpose- to point out to the already brainwashed masses that while the iPhone is cool- AT&T sucks. AT&T on the other hand is doing exactly what you pointed out.[/citation]

Funny how I didn't name any company but people assumed I was talking about Verizon. Makes you think.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Anyone else notice on the headless commercial that the AT&T guy already had a lead on the Verizon one when the commercial started?

Abrahm

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2007
[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]I get 3G coverage with my 3GS Iphone 32gb just fine maxed out at a 100 mile radius all the time, Iphone haters can kiss it! Verizon is a chic and homo network, lol. They cater to both with their phone designs. So meh.[/citation]

I think you are confused, Verizon doesn't have the iPhone...

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]counselmancl[/nom]Your mother is lame and boring[/citation]

It must just be you - she was quite lively when we were there. NAS-TAY.

G

I have a phone on At&T and a Verizon phone. I fly all over the country and BY FAR AT&T service is clearly inferior for me....maybe not for you.

I just want the best service at the best price, and BTW I think the Verizon ads are funny but the At&T come up short. Hopefully AT&T will do something to better their network.

jrabbitb

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2006
again. speed, if you can get a connection. i'd rather have slightly slower everywhere then slightly faster in a few spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.