Verizon's Droid 2 Specs Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Its shit compared to the iPhone 4[/citation]
nice comment. liked it. well reasoned argument. This apple thing is becoming frighteningly like religion. "thou shall put down all other products" "thou shall not question anything we make" "thou shall believe without question anything we say"

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]Its shit compared to the iPhone 4[/citation]
I agree. No different in saying a pair of Logitech speakers weren't shit compared to a pair of BOSE. Just done untactful.

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I'm still waiting for a good smartphone. I'd prefer a PDA, but those are dying, I don't really need a phone most of the time. This could be one to try, since I usually avoid the first generation of anything so the kinks can be worked out along with a few tweaks.

My last PDA was full of great freeware such as TCPMP media player, built in MS office portable, up to flash 7, Opera Mobile, and had decent battery life. Hardware: 3.5 inch VGA screen (640x480), 64mb ram, 624mhz Intel Xscale, SD and Compact flash slot. .7 inch thick, so a bit on the thick side, but this PDA came out in 2004 and i'm still looking for a good replacement (that doesn't cost too much).

klarko

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
"a 750MHz OMAP CPU,"

I WANT 1GHz!

:/

Anyone have a release date? Looks to be my new phone if its out by August...

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
It doesn't look like much of an upgrade from the original Droid... would have thought the camera would at least be better... I have a feeling that buy the time it reaches stores it will be outdated

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Spec wise, its better than the iPhone 4. But I'm almost positive the iPhone 4 will sell at least 3 times better than this... shame too.

G

WIFI tethering? If that means tethering at WIFI only than that would be pretty useless. Maybe it should be worded differently.

You can use your cell phone to create a wifi hot spot. But most android phones will be able to do that with the 2.2 update.

jezzarisky

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
It was the physical keyboard and crappy camera that had me leaning towards HTC last time, hopefully they at least put a better quality camera in(even if it's still 5mp).

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]I agree. No different in saying a pair of Logitech speakers weren't shit compared to a pair of BOSE. Just done untactful.[/citation]
BOSE?? BOSE are terrible, overpriced, and basically a joke in the audio community... not that I'm saying Logitech's are great either with their blown out bass.

Personally I would prefer a good Klipsch system any day. Altec Lansing used to be pretty good, but they don't seem to be producing high end speaker systems anymore.

...Anyway, specs on the phone seem to be pretty decent. The Processor is faster then the original Droid, but not much more to say for now. I hope they tweaked the keyboard a bit.

G

[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Spec wise, its better than the iPhone 4. But I'm almost positive the iPhone 4 will sell at least 3 times better than this... shame too.[/citation]
Well, the original Droid did take less time to sell a million than the original Iphone, so yeah... It don't need to compete with the Iphone on the camera spec, but 8 + 32 GB card sounds like there is one department where Apple's toy is lacking in. Add removable battery for, what, 35 bucks or so, my Droid's one is ~32, where Apple's shiny toy needs to go to a medical-like facility not to scratch the already scratched surface anymore, out of $50 and 2-4 weeks waiting. My Droid picks up at least 25% more WiFi signals than all Iphones I compared to. And the 3GS dies after about the same time playing a demo, with WiFi off, and 2 bars of reception that Droid does browsing/youtubing/playing games/reading this friggin site, listening to music whenever possible, with no WiFi and 3-4 bars of same HSPA.

Race ON:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...............

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]compfreak93[/nom]since they made it thinner i doubt they could but a 1GHz processor in it, but thats why they amde the HTC Incredible that phone is beautiful[/citation]
Good point, and the HTC Incredible lives up to its name. Honestly though what do you do on your phone that would seriously benefit from a 1Ghz vs a 750mhz? I can't think of anything, other than being able to say it has one.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Decent specs, but I would expect a bit more after the EVO 4G just came out, lacking in processor, camera(s), and screen size. However some people dislike the much larger screen, so it's not necessarily a con. Overall not to bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.