VersionTech EACH G2000 headset and mic not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewsafeen

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Hey guys, i recently purchased a EACH G2000 headset, the4 problem is my computer doesnt register when its plugged in and plays sound through both the headset and my speakers at the same time also the mic doesnt work. i have tried the manufacturers website www.kotion.cc but it doesnt seem to have any drivers or maybe i have plugged it in wrong as it has a usb, a mic plug an audio plug, i cant imagine this being the case though

Drewsafeen

Estimable
Dec 18, 2014
Couldn't find any drivers anywhere. i have fixed it by updating/installing Realtek hd audio manager. The machine still doesn't pick up the headset but i have got the microphone and sound working at the cost of my desktop speakers abit more fiddling about an i should fix that issue. I could possibly need a sound card as i have the headset and speakers plugged into the motherboard sound

zantanzuken

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

on this particular headset the USB does absolutely nothing, it only provides power to the LED lights.

Harold_6

Commendable
Mar 8, 2016

actually the usb also give power to the mic, and the quality of the head set

Yi Sun

Commendable
Mar 26, 2016
there is two options

1. 2*3.5mm plug + USB . then USB is just for power for LED
2. only usb . It is for power and USB intefere . no need splitter .

Thon C

Commendable
Apr 12, 2016

Yi Sun, can you send me the direction to the driver please the USB is not recognized for my Windows 10 laptop

DocSLawl

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
Same problem here. I have a windows 10 Laptop, the sound was okay after I reinstalled the newest realtek audio driver, but still the mic is not working. Don't know what to do. At my Sisters PC it's working, she has win 10 too. At my boyfriends PC it's working too, he has win 8.1.

DocSLawl

Commendable
Jun 12, 2016
I found a solution. It worked well for me and I hope it will work for you.

I copied this from a windows Forum:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/kotion-each-g2000-headset-for-usb-not-being/534351d6-b032-41ec-b863-8b8900e9c894?tab=question&status=AllReplies&rtAction=1465766074608#tabs

Method 1: Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational or technical problems within a hardware device.

1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "view all" on the left pane.

5. Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Wish you guys luck

mackey69

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

Okay figured this out help to a few people but its working now so.
Open control panel
Type troubleshooting into control panel search bar
open it up and click view all then hardware and devices
follow the program which basically just says its installed new things and to restart your pc
after pc restarts rick click on volume button in tool bar
click playback devices
right click on the playback devices window and click show all disabled devices
you will now see the headset in there as it was disabled
to enable double click on the headset symbol
there is a drop down box at the bottom of the new window that opened once you double click it that says its disabled so change this to enable
once its enabled go back a page to playback devices and click on the headset once and then at the bottom of the window click set this as default

wayne_28

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

i have had a pair of these for a while. they are amazing.
the USB cord is for the lights only.
you need to go into your playback devices area which i get to by right clicking the sound symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen, an you can change settings an make them sound how you want.
normal head phone extra bass sound sound i watched a movie with these best sound ive had in a while. the mic you just need to also mess with the settings.

i did not have a registration or anything that some the bit higher end might need. call someone on facebook using them to test. i didn't think they were registering the sound bc it didn't show on the bar in settings when you speak into it. but the person on the other end could hear perfectly.

Chris_2526

Estimable
Dec 8, 2016
I have seem a few threads on the Kotion Each G9000 headset but didn’t see a solution to my problem. My PC has two sets of Pink/Green jacks. The ones in the back of my PC are used for my speakers. The ones in the front of my PC are used for the headset. When I plug the headset in, (the USB, Pink/Green jacks), all the sound on my PC now goes through my headset and no sound comes through my speakers. When I go into Volume/Playback Devices, my PC still shows that sound should be going through the speakers(default). The headset seems overrides the speakers, yet there isn’t an option to select the headset.

How do I get my PC sound through my speakers while using my headset for Skype/Vent?

Bheryl

Commendable
Dec 25, 2016
Okay so these solutions were close for me, but I did it a slightly different way to fix it which took me a while to figure out, the way I did it was:
1. Press Windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type control and press enter to open the control panel.

3. Type troubleshooting in the control panel search box and open it.

4. Click "view all" on the left pane.

5. Run the recording audio troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

And after a minute or so it finally detected my microphone and decided to work :D I just did this a few minutes ago and everyone I'm talking to can hear me clearly. I hope it works for the rest of you as well!

Astrid_1

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017

I tried this but all it said it was not plugged in I don't understand because i plugged it into the audio and headphone spot

Status
Not open for further replies.