Question Very Strange phone-laptop hotspot connectivity problem

Sep 5, 2019
Hi,

I have a Dell laptop with windows 8 and I want to connect it to hotspot of my Huawei Y7 prime 2019 mobile. But I face a very strange issue.

1. My laptop shows limited internet when connected to the hotspot l. TCP/IP settings are automatic. Tried all diagnostics steps.

However...

2. Hotspot from my mobile works absolutely fine on another laptop that I have - HP laptop with windows 7.

So the problem seems to lie with my dell laptop or its windows/drivers, right? Wait...

3. Hotspot from another smartphone, Samsung, works absolutely fine on my Dell laptop!

4. I even put my Huawei phone sim in the Samsung phone and the hotspot worked fine. So the problem is not with sim or hotspot settings and this also shows in point 2.

The problem is also not with the dell laptop per se as it does connect with the Samsung smartphone.

5. I then put the sim in another Huawei phone, Y7 prime 2018, and the same connectivity problem on my Dell laptop (while hotspot worked on HP laptop).

Conclusion:

It seems the problem is only between my Huawei phones and my Dell laptop or Windows 8 on it. Both devices work fine with other devices.

Can anybody please help and tell me what could possibly be the issue? I feel like pulling my hairs lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gravisriders Laptop General Discussion 0
G Laptop General Discussion 1
I Laptop General Discussion 3
8 Laptop General Discussion 5
P Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 7
P Laptop General Discussion 6
S Laptop General Discussion 1
E Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 2