VFP file error: Primary key property is invalid

Seddrinth

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
I have a .cdx files created in VFP and on Windows 7 installed. I tried to open one of these files but just get an error: "Primary key property is invalid, please validate database".
Well, obviously index is corrupted. I tried to recreate the index, but i got another error: “Invalid database - please validate database”. What should I do now? Any advice?

Duskvalor

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
The way is creating a table with the indexes and then bind it to your Database.
But first make a backup of .cdx file and then you can add data into the table. The table can already contain a data in it, in this case copy the table, change it name and delete it. Backup its .cdx file. Now you will be able to rewrite corrupt index whenever you need it by the Reindex command.
You can also try third-party software solutions. Try Recovery Toolbox for DBF, i used it time ago, when had similar problem. https://dbf.recoverytoolbox.com/

Duskvalor

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
The way is creating a table with the indexes and then bind it to your Database.
But first make a backup of .cdx file and then you can add data into the table. The table can already contain a data in it, in this case copy the table, change it name and delete it. Backup its .cdx file. Now you will be able to rewrite corrupt index whenever you need it by the Reindex command.
You can also try third-party software solutions. Try Recovery Toolbox for DBF, i used it time ago, when had similar problem. https://dbf.recoverytoolbox.com/

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
David___Only Apps General Discussion 0
KloneCSGO Apps General Discussion 2
reble Apps General Discussion 2
I Apps General Discussion 5
B Apps General Discussion 1
R Apps General Discussion 1
C Apps General Discussion 1
J Apps General Discussion 4
J Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 6
F Apps General Discussion 1