VGA connection to HD monitor issue

aCotter

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
I have a Samsung monitor that only has a VGA port. The issue with that is that the monitor, though it supports 1080x1920, looks like trash. Is there anything I can do to switch from VGA? Buying an HDMI or DVI adapter wouldnt change anything since its still starting VGA right?

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Yes the cable, very import part in the system... they require shielding between signals and from the outside world... and materials get damaged/stepped on/pulled on/etc.. or age (breakdown-entropy) over time.

aCotter

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
I had an extra VGA laying around so I swapped them out and nothing has changed. All the text just looks super blurry and if I adjust the sharpness it just makes it pixelated

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Good test B )... VGA or other "analog" dependent devices need calibration and component replacements from time to time... there are calibration pots inside monitors to improve/adjust display.

What frequency are you sending to it?... sometime adjusting the FREQ to a analog input monitor can improve the image too... see if you can drive 58hz-65HZ signal inputs as a "simple test"

Windows OS's also have "clear type" app that can improve the display too... But something's just wear out. Did you try this monitor connected to another GPU? The GPU can cause this too B /

aCotter

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
Well I bought a VGA to DVI adapter a while back to connect to the graphics card so I have considered that as the problem but when I plug the monitor into the MOBO it still looks just... Bad. It supports 1080 P but its telling me that 1366 by 768 is the recommended resolution.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... Well think of a 'quality monitor" as a future investment in the health of your eyes... when doing long periods of viewing you can have physical and mental fatigue... there are plenty of used and new monitor out there for a good price... replacement eye balls are not as cheap B D