VGA Source Problem On My Samsung Monitor

Gamerhero199

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
I have a Samsung 2017 curve monitor *model doesn't matter* because i have another Samsung monitor older than this has the same problem there is a VGA input where i can put the VGA cable in the monitor but there is not VGA source where i can view what's being displayed by the VGA cable

kango69

Commendable
Sep 3, 2016
My Samsung TV will not show the source channels until it detects a signal form them.
Make sure that you start with a low resolution from your laptop/computer (1024 X 768 ) until the VGA/PC source shows up.
If it's still not showing up the check your connection on the laptop/computer end.
You will need a DVI-I connection to get a signal form a computer as it carries both analog and digital stream
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/221/~/difference-between-dvi-i-and-dvi-d

Gamerhero199

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017

It's not that it doesn't show any signal it's that there is no place I can go on my monitor where the signal displays it's like a blank port on the back with no use of it, Like there is no VGA source on the monitor to view the signal