VGA to RGB back to VGA

dagoodfe

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
Hi, I have a NEC NP300 projector with a VGA input. On the other end of the cable is a RGB connector. Now, I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop with a VGA output. How can I connect the Laptop to the RGB so that the laptop and projector see each other? Do I need a convertor box? Thank you for your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Solution
So you have a 10 foot long vga to rgb cable, that your QAM boxes plugs into? Not sure what a QAM box is, but lets say digital cable. lol.

Well another option would be get a VGA switchbox. 10 foot VGA to VGA cable from ceiling to switchbox, then QAM box via VGA-RGB and then VGA-VGA with the laptop. Trying to convert how you want is going to be expensive and loose quality.

dagoodfe

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016

HI, That would be the easy route, but the projector is mounted to the ceiling 10 ft up and the cable that is the easiest to connect to is to my QAM box. So since I need to find a way to connect to the projector without climbing a ladder and then readjusting the projector, this would be the route. Thanks for your input.

dagoodfe

Commendable
Jun 26, 2016
HI, That would be the easy route, but the projector is mounted to the ceiling 10 ft up and the cable that is the easiest to connect to is to my QAM box. So since I need to find a way to connect to the projector without climbing a ladder and then readjusting the projector, this would be the route. Thanks for your input.

So you have a 10 foot long vga to rgb cable, that your QAM boxes plugs into? Not sure what a QAM box is, but lets say digital cable. lol.

Well another option would be get a VGA switchbox. 10 foot VGA to VGA cable from ceiling to switchbox, then QAM box via VGA-RGB and then VGA-VGA with the laptop. Trying to convert how you want is going to be expensive and loose quality.

Solution