drew0986

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014
edit by moderator I purchased this computer in late 2005 and re installed winxp accidentally deleting the hidden partition before I ever made any recovery dvd's. I have gone years circumventing the issue but now I really need the original factory cds or a copy of the vgnfs640w recovey media. Any help would be appreciated... thanks in advance.

drew0986

Estimable
Dec 20, 2014

I have a windows XP disc (windows 95 through windows 10 for that matter) but again it doesn't solve my problem of getting the originally installed software and utilities back on my computer. The Vaio support website doesn't have all of the original software files (they are mostly updates which require the original software already) and the main thing I am trying to do is get the tv port replicator (VGP-PRFS10V) to work. No matter what combination of files I try or what OS i have installed (XP, Vista, 7) I cannot get the TCV-U04 driver that controls it to install or work properly.

From my understanding the TCV-U04 driver is bundled inside one of the factory installed software bundles and will auto install when teh replicator is plugged in. This has not happened no matter what I have tried. So I am hoping someone in the community has the recovery media to install the factory stock software and drivers onto my computer.

Everyone on here loves to say that trading that media is illegal (it is not, i can send you a link the law which shows that what I am asking for is perfectly legal since when I purchased to computer I purchased the license and usage of the software when I bought the laptop) I can assure everyone that it isn't and it is actually illegal for a manufacturer to not provide the O/S and software that is bundled with the laptop (vaio circumvented this by including a hidden partition on the hard drive saving them money having to produce recovery media for everyone). I digress...

So please if anyone has the recovery discs I would really appreciate a link to download the ISO files (i think 4 or 5 discs) so i can get my computer back to perfectly 100% factory condition so I can find the driver I need and figure out a way to get it to work in windows 7...

Thank you very much for all your help