VH Capture - MPEG files not saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvyno

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Hello everyone,

I'm assuming Windows 7 has a built in mpeg codec to encode mpeg videos, because I've tried this software on 3 of my computers with fresh installs of windows 7 (32bit and 64bit), and had no problems at all recording mpeg videos and it works fine.

When it comes to my 4th computer, however, which has Windows 7 32bit...it seems to not have the ability to record mpeg files.

I am using VH Capture and VHScrcap. When I select to record in any type of mpeg type, it will start recording, but the file will never show up in the folder I specified, like the file is hidden.

When I choose to record in avi, the file appears immediately after I click record.

I've tried showing hidden files in the folders, as well as doing an extensive search of the computer for the file.

Hoping someone would have some kind of explanation for this problem, or if anyone knows any free and good screen recording (with sound input) software I can use, because I really need this working soon. I have to record a presentation for work.

xarek

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
You are probably running the program without administrative privileges, otherwise the software won't be able to write to the hard disk. Before opening VH Capture, right-click on the icon and select "Run as Administrator", and that should fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.