VIA Wants iPad, iPhone Banned in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
Great. More lawsuits for lawyers :)

No wonder I've never seen lawyers complaining about economy crisis or financial meltdown.

In your face Apple and fans!

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
..."Unfortunately, Apple may have a tough battle ahead"....
Why unfortunately? You already taking sides?
If Apple loses, it will have to pay up. It's as direct as that. Nothing unfortunate here.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
Why USA? take that whole thing to German, if apple/VIA being treated differently vs the Samsung case, people would have see that the Judge in Germany are siding apple.

G

I think Apple is about to lock it itself out of the Telecon market by all the major cell phone manufacturers ganging up on Apple and not sharing patent crossing licensing with them, while on the other hand they will share with each other. There is a certain ettiquette within the telecon industry not to sue each other over frivolous patents. Apple on the other hand, because it can no longer compete is trying to slow down their competitors. I think in the long term picture, Apple has really just brought a lot of competitors to make Apple's ability make sexy phones and sell them on the market that much harder.

I predict long term, that Apple will struggle because the performance of their phones will be third class because none of the major cell phone manufactures will share or cross-license their patents with Apple, but they will with each other. Apple may have sexy phones, but they will be phones that have nothing under the hood. Kinda like using a Porshe outside body, but have a two stroke engine under the hood.

They are screwing themselves.

salgado18

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2007
[citation][nom]Merk1b2[/nom]Ha! VIA has just made my day.[/citation]
After fifteen years I never thought I'd agree to that.

G

its unfortunate because:
"The Delaware Court is supposedly known as a "plaintiff-friendly region," similar to the Eastern District Federal Court of Texas."
You may want to finish reading before commenting...

G

VIA will never win. I bet the judge has an iPhone loaded with Angry Birds and Peggle 2

G

Seriously, it took VIA THIS LONG to decide Apple infringed on their patents? BS lawsuit is what this is. This is VIA wanting to cash in on Apple's success and nothing more. They should have brought the lawsuit when the FIRST iPhone came out. PERIOD

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]notafrivolouslawsuitfan[/nom]Seriously, it took VIA THIS LONG to decide Apple infringed on their patents? BS lawsuit is what this is. This is VIA wanting to cash in on Apple's success and nothing more. They should have brought the lawsuit when the FIRST iPhone came out. PERIOD[/citation]
Troll much? All these would never happen had Apple not gone on lawsuits frenzy

G

Down with the U.S.! Yay for Thaiwan! Boo to the dumb mean apple, they just make a cell phone. We love the samsungs and the vias!! They screw the U.S. companies, so they are the best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.