VIDEO: 99-Year-Old Woman Loves the iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
Interesting to see how things have moved on, when she was a child something like that would have litrally been magic, wonder what magic will be around when im 100, im 23 now

G

uh yea if she has never used a computer before, of course she will be amazed by using a computer. She would probably be just as amazed at a cell phone, laptop, netbook, CRYSIS at LOW settings even!

WR

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Centenarian minus one :p

Always interesting how "universal" the ease-of-use is, even if we geeks might not notice the difference.

G

[citation][nom]mildiner86[/nom]Interesting to see how things have moved on, when she was a child something like that would have litrally been magic, wonder what magic will be around when im 100, im 23 now[/citation]

Hopefully nanobots & replicators, so we can make anything.

Make me a 70 inch plasma there nanobot. While you're at it could you cook me up a nice lasagne too? Also a beer... And could you put a new 7 series in the driveway please? Good nanobot. I'll give you a day off tomorow- I promise. Now about that swimming pool I've been meaning to get...

romansky

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2009
Shes just trying to find the play button on this huge iPod, the woman probably thinks they made this model for sight challenged people...

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
That is a awesome gift for her so she can read her books that she love very much. That is a nice gift for those that are not into today's computer age technology. I think the video is nice.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
This is the only good thing besides being paper thin that I can think of it is easy for casual use and the screen is nice ( I don't mind 4:3) but price general lack of basic features as well file transfers are horrible. The iPad is a failure while the concept is not. I believe tablets are here to stay and my self am wanting one but not an iPad. Even if I had a mac and was an Apple nazi I still wouldn't buy it. Using Itunes as file conversion to move typed text between the iPad and the Mac/PC is just one more nail in the coffin.

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
The iPad is an undeniable family gadget. This is where I see the first incarnation going better than anything and videos like this are a lovely curiosity. Your grandma is not going to complain to much about file transfer, usb ports or multitasking. Nevertheless she would probably care for a camera so that is a must have for the family iPad. For myself I want a widescreen maybe smaller size and manny other features that have been asked by others too. If I go with the iPad it may be the second generation.

I am waiting to read a full review about the tablet from HP but I read somewhere else the graphics where not that good and that's important to me. The other imminent contender is the ASUS tablet PC but the only pen I expect to keep using is the Wacom's. To me a tablet must be a touch screen.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]i bet all the 98 year olds that like it are pretty pissed right now[/citation]
Yeah, and the 100 year olds are saying "that gadget is for kids. She's only in double digits."

Status
Not open for further replies.