VIDEO: Borderlands 2 Gets Release Date and Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
this is one of those games that are best played closest to release date; after a while, the community just kind of tapers off, and support for it dies as well. if you're thinking about waiting for it to hit the bargain bin, you might want to think again... this game is all about being played with other people.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
I'm buying. There's not another game that I'm lookin forward to play more than this.

For me, this is one of the very few games where great graphics aren't a factor when it comes to sheer game play enjoyment. There's tons of games that have way better graphics but not nearly as much pure fun game play.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]people actually play this excuse of a game? what's up with the graphics?[/citation]
games aren't always about graphics. You can stick with your Crysh*t while we all enjoy our borderlands gameplay.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
1 border for me were to easy the electrick guns culd prock way to much and multiple times had a usi and ewery round i shoot got me around 30 simultanies 27 electrick dmg procks so most times when bosses hit 10% i dident need to shoot no more.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]Yes i play this game if you know what is fun. I can tell you are from a young spoiled generation of gaming. Educate your mind and watch Graphics vs. Aestheticshttp://penny-arcade.com/patv/episo [...] aesthetics[/citation]

i cant agree more with that video... granted i put a GREAT deal of importance on textures now, apposed to anything else.

jaggies when you are playing at 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 (i window play games at 1080 so i can have the screen full but enough space to click on crap in the background, while 1200 is for pure fullscreen goodness) they are non existent.

but poor testures... well i can see them in many games without even trying to find them... which is very discouraging. games like skyrim, i can forgive for having poor textures... they developed the game and engine a long time ago, and pcs honestly just weren't the same back than, and that in an open world game they have to leave some things looking worse just due to engine capabilities. but any other game type i can not forgive for horrendous testure popin (masseffect as an example) because that takes me out of the game, or like in dragon age (on the 360, pc wanst good enough to play it back than) where the game constantly zoomed in on me and i could count the pixels int he textures.

G

Cool, trailer blocked in Germany because of music license? GEMA *uck off!

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]people actually play this excuse of a game? what's up with the graphics?[/citation]

Its called Cell Shading , Like in the Legends of Zelda: Wind Waker. It's a art style, where things don't have to look realistic. You don't have to see every single detail in the environment to play a game.

And from the looks of it Borderlands 2 looks way much better than Borderlands 1, which is to be expected anyways since Borderlands 1 released a few years ago.

kathiki

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2010
Have you played the previous installment of Borderlands? If not then refrain from expressing an opinion.

i suggest you get the first installment play it and then come back to reconsider your review. This is one hell of a game even in single player. I had never ever had more fun with any other game. The engine they are using has been deliberately toned done in terms of texture. Your first look at the game is somewhat meh as the textures are definitely not in par with modern games. This is not a crysis 2 game. This is a game where addictive gameplay and above all REPLAYABILITY in both single player and cooperative mode is at it best.

Game introduced a lootfest of guns. You could spent ages replaying the same area just for guns. Just for that new better than what you have gun. Endless horses of aliens and creatures, awesome badass mutants that i might exhibit some of the best AI behaviour in any other game I have ever played. Each time you killed an npc or mob with your gun you would increase some of the attributes in that specific gun.

Graphics are a bit weird... but the engine does not annoying produce pixelized textures when you come close. It is the artistic style of the game that makes it as it is.

By the way, antialaising works fine with the game. Even catalyst forced is awesome. If i am amazed at what SKyrim is as a game then i must say I am so totally in love with Bordeelands..... Hope you have the same badass songs as in the previous game.

I am also a person that will only play games with the crysis 2 engine... When it comes to borderlands i do not give a *******.

Hope the people behind Rage will play it and learn how to make a good game.

KelvinTy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2011
I tried to play the first one, but it's so boring playing by myself, and the pc version have virtually no in-game configurations... It's just annoying to edit every single config file in every single console port games just to get rid of stupid shit like mouse acceleration, forcing cache size, disabling "auto-aim" and such... and such...
The driving in the DLCs? unbelievable... Luckily, there are mods for that, if it is played on consoles? You are shit out of luck...
The pre-render cinematic looks good, but will the coding be decent in borderlands2? I doubted, since 2K is developing it... That said, it's still better than activation.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]elcentral[/nom]1 border for me were to easy the electrick guns culd prock way to much and multiple times had a usi and ewery round i shoot got me around 30 simultanies 27 electrick dmg procks so most times when bosses hit 10% i dident need to shoot no more.[/citation]

I'm sorry but could somebody translate this for me.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
splitscreen ? cool! we played borderlands 3 man last weekend at a lan :)
still a great game. I just hope the game ships full this time, and not half the game + 5 million dlc's like last time.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I love borderlands. I can never really say I finished it though. Beat the first play through as well as zombie island and claptrap revolution.

Got well into the second play through and was making progress towards beating armory of general knox but my comp always seems to mess up for one reason or another and I have to do fresh installs and I always forget to back up the save data. Underdome riot is just frustrating.

santfu

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2010
@qefx

[citation][nom]elcentral[/nom]1 border for me were to easy the electrick guns culd prock way to much and multiple times had a usi and ewery round i shoot got me around 30 simultanies 27 electrick dmg procks so most times when bosses hit 10% i dident need to shoot no more.[/citation]
In translation:

Borderlands one was too easy for me. The guns with the electric effects produced the effect far too often. If i used my SMG the effects would stack and I could get 30 simultaneous +27 damage electric effects so that when a boss had only 10% life left I could just watch the elecricity kill them.

leakingpaint

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2007
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]this is one of those games that are best played closest to release date; after a while, the community just kind of tapers off, and support for it dies as well. if you're thinking about waiting for it to hit the bargain bin, you might want to think again... this game is all about being played with other people.[/citation]

most accurate comment - boring by yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.