video camera live feed to laptop without WiFi

jhpankhurst

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015
We are having the bells in our Church Tower inspected and I would like to be able to hear (and if possible see) what is going on; I am no longer able to climb the ladders into the tower. The walls are thick so no WiFi, and I will be sitting about 30 to 40 feet below them, with two wooden floors between.
Is there any way I can have a laptop up there and another down, connect them together and somehow use the built in webcams for this? Or I have a Panasonic HDC-HS300 video recorder with USB, Composite, A/V and HDMI ports.
I just don't know how to connect them together or what cables and/or software to use.
Thank you.
Howard

Bells in a tower means the section is open to the outside, why not just use wireless and stay outside with a wireless router (cantenna if you need more power)?

If not, you'll need to either use a very expensive active HDMI cable or perhaps even ethernet (and "livestream" to yourself)

jhpankhurst

Estimable
Sep 14, 2015

Thanks basroil but no wifi in the bell chamber, still thick walls. I have cat5 cable long enough, if I join two laptops together what can I livestream, Skype won't work without internet? Is there another program I can use?
Thanks.