theKenijs

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016
So, i have recently came accros problem- i recently started playing battlefield 4 on my laptop, at the first 1-2 weeks it was working fine, but now, my videocard justs sometimes shuts off while im playing. I checked it by using EVGA Precisoion X, at the stat it runs on default clock speed at about 810+ MHz, but after some time it drops to 410 , which is the core clock of my indegrated graphics card, i think so. I tryed reinstalling the driver, cleaned my fan, to make sure nothing is overheating. The GPU temperature is fine, about 65°C.
The only solution i found is, when i alt+tab out from game, and go back in, it works for 1-2 minutes.

My pc -
HP Pavilion 15-n072sy
CPU -Intel Core i5-4200U (1.6 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
RAM 8 GB DDR3L
Video Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

JohnBonhamsGhost

Estimable
Jan 14, 2016
the system wouldn't just switch from Dedicated to Integrated in the middle of rendering.
it sounds like you may be having trouble with temperatures. most new GPUs are designed to throttle performance if they pass a certain temperature, lowering speeds until the temps decrease.

try monitoring temperatures while the problem is occurring and see.

johnnyb105

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
The heat build up in your system is causing it to throttle back and then possible crash the few mins you log out of it or into a window lets it cool down some and then it gets hot again .. I suspect the multiplayer part of the game is more demanding then the single player mode and this is causing the laptop to heat up quickly... thus your issues start.

theKenijs

Estimable
Jan 28, 2016

The temperature is around 65-68 max, so i dont think its that hot + im running an additional cooler. I switch windows for 2 secs, and it runs smooth again